Shabbat shalom! and G’mar Chatimah tovah! May you have an easy fast for Yom Kippur.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay cool, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Boulder JCC Part of New ElevatEd Early Childhood Education Program (9/21/2023) - Boulder/Denver is one of 14 communities to pilot groundbreaking and collaborative initiative addressing critical teacher shortage in early childhood Jewish education. Continue Reading
- Column: Vegas-style Reporting Out of Israel (9/21/2023) - What is not fit to print is printed. What is fit to print is not printed. These are two glaring examples of what passes for coverage of Israel in two major daily newspapers. One publishes a distorted article, the other ignores significant news. A Jewish weekly even discards news that is important to its ethnic… Continue Reading
- CU Boulder Hillel Director Moving Up (9/18/2023) - After five-and-a-half years, Seth Reder will be leaving Hillel at CU Boulder to become Senior Director of Talent at Hillel International, starting in November. Continue Reading
- Tishrei Tidbits – Yom Kippur (9/21/2023) - How do I know Judaism is still alive and well? More people go to synagogue for Kol NIdrei than any other time of the year- and there’s no food served for at least twenty four hours! Continue Reading
- Sing in the Sukkah on October 2 (9/20/2023) - Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Hebrew Educational Alliance will be co-hosting Sheerah Beerah BaSukkah on October 2, 2023 Continue Reading
- Join Us for a Meaningful Humanistic Yom Kippur Celebration! (9/18/2023) - Humanistic Judaism considers Yom Kippur to be the culmination of the self-analysis that was initiated on Rosh Hashanah. We are offered the opportunity to ask forgiveness from ourselves as well as from those we have wronged, and we vow to be active, involved, caring people in the coming year. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Jacqueline Rose Edelstein z”l (9/18/2023) - Jacqueline Rose Edelstein, mother of Shari Edelstein, passed away peacefully Monday afternoon September 18, 2023 in Longmont. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Sukkah Party with a Taste of Italy (9/20/2023) - Join Boulder Center for Judaism on October 3rd, for our annual Women’s program, “Sukkah Party with a Taste of Italy.” Continue Reading
- Learn About Jewish Boxers of the 20th Century (9/20/2023) - Join the Men of the J for a night of discussion on October 12 with Meg Frisbee, a History Professor at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Continue Reading