Shabbat shalom. Our hearts remain heavy with the weight of the last several weeks.
There are many fundraising appeals making the rounds. We have two: from JNF-USA and from The Kibbutz Movement. JEWISHcolorado has also opened an appeal. We will have more tzedakah opportunities in the coming days.
Our thoughts and prayers are once again with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy. Am Yisrael Chai!
Here are stories from the last week:
- JEWISHcolorado to Coordinate Colorado Delegation for March For Israel In Washington, DC (11/9/2023) - Organized by JFNA and Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, this is an opportunity for the Jewish community to make their voices heard as they march for Israel, march to free hostages, and march to combat antisemitism. Continue Reading
- Column: Putin’s New Man in Washington Games Israel (11/9/2023) - The headline that Mike Johnson hoped for on Friday: “Democrats betray Israel.” Instead he got this New York Times headline: “House Passes Bill Tying Israel Aid to Spending Cuts With Nothing for Ukraine.” Continue Reading
- CU Students Stage Silent Protest to Support Israel (11/7/2023) - November 7th marked the one-month anniversary of the attack on Israel. CU students staged a silent protest on the CU campus. Continue Reading
- Israel Update from the Adventure Rabbi (11/7/2023) - A situational review and some recommended to-dos from the Adventure Rabbi. Continue Reading
- Letter: Surrender (11/7/2023) - Todd Greenberg’s poem ("surrender", BJN 11/2/23) is lovely and serves as an accurate depiction of the expectations that accompanied the signing of the Oslo Accords. Continue Reading
- Letter: Surrender 2 (11/7/2023) - When I read Todd Greenberg’s “Surrender” (BJN, 11/6/23) I was temporarily transported back to 1967’s “Summer of Love” in Haight-Ashbury. Continue Reading
- Letter: Natalie Abulhawa (11/7/2023) - In light of recent events, I have been reading alot about what is going on in Israel. As a Jewish American with a teenage daughter, I am especially concerned. Continue Reading
- 9News Covers Boulder Jewish Film Festival (11/6/2023) - Rachael Krause of 9News interviewed Kathryn Bernheimer on Saturday about the Boulder Jewish Film Festival; Bernheimer talked about how, in the weeks since Hamas' deadly attack and now, the war between Israel and Hamas, the festival's message of education and tolerance is needed more than ever. Continue Reading
- Ladies: It’s Finally Here…Our Annual Women’s Friday Night (11/9/2023) - It is that time of year again! I warmly welcome you to cap your week with a magical Women’s Friday Night Out next Friday night. Continue Reading
- surrender (11/6/2023) - A new poem from Todd Greenberg. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Israel Briefing and Conversation with Rabbi Marc Soloway (11/9/2023) - Rabbi Marc Soloway of Congregation Bonai Shalom has recently returned from a solidarity mission to Israel. Join him on Thursday morning, November 16th, to hear about his experiences. Continue Reading
- CEO of JCPA Will Headline J Street Colorado Annual Breakfast (11/9/2023) - Join J Street Colorado for our annual celebration and a morning conversation with Amy Spitalnick, CEO of Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) and former Executive Director of Integrity First for America (IFA) on November 29th. Continue Reading
- Talk and Tasting: Roman Jewish Cooking at the Boulder JCC (11/9/2023) - Cookbook Author, Leah Koenig, will be in Colorado for two special events at the end of November! Continue Reading
- Community Wide Scholar in Residence Program: November 30-December 2 (11/6/2023) - A scholar-in-residence weekend offers unparalleled intellectual enrichment, infusing fresh perspectives into a community. Now after a year of planning, we are thrilled to welcome Professor Shaul Magid to Boulder. Continue Reading