Join us at the Pearl Street Mall on Sunday, June 4th for The Boulder Jewish Festival. We can’t wait for this full day of festivities, live music, Jewish food, and Judaica, along with family-friendly activities provided by our community organizations. Open and inclusive to everyone, this festival is an amazing opportunity to connect, engage, and have fun. Hope to see you there!
More information at www.boulderjcc.org/BoulderJewishFestival.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Summer Camp Counselor Job Openings at the Boulder JCC (5/11/2023) - Looking for a summer job that's both fun and rewarding? The Boulder JCC is currently seeking energetic, conscientious, and resourceful individuals to join our team as Camp Counselors! Continue Reading
- Column: Who Would Vote to Block Measure to End Antisemitism? (5/11/2023) - Once upon a time in America, Israel’s existence was held in as much high esteem as motherhood and apple pie. Even today, what reasonable person here would not want to stamp out antisemitism? Continue Reading
- Opinion: Shattering Another Excuse For FDR’S Holocaust Apathy (5/11/2023) - A recent New York Times feature about a troubled World War II veteran has inadvertently shed fresh light on the Roosevelt administration’s refusal to bomb the railways leading to Auschwitz. The story also implicitly undermines one of the major themes of the recent Ken Burns documentary about America’s response to the Nazi genocide. Continue Reading
- The Rabbinic Council Of Boulder Aligns With Israeli Protesters Against Judicial Reform (5/9/2023) - There is a fight going on right now in Israel over boundaries – not the kind meant to keep people separated, but the kind meant to keep the government separated. In Israel, the only real checks and balances of government are between the Judicial branch and parliament. Continue Reading
- Letter: Parliamentary History and Explainer (5/9/2023) - As most Americans are not familiar with the workings of Parliamentary governments, I thought BJN readers might appreciate a bit of background concerning Bruce Ticker’s remark about the Knesset’s slim majority seeking to transform the (Israeli) Supreme Court’s authority ("DeSantis Visit to Israel Not All That Kosher" Boulder Jewish News May 4, 2023). Continue Reading
- Letter: We Must All Confront Anti-Semitism (5/9/2023) - As we write this, we are deeply disturbed by the rise of anti-Semitism in our society. It is a cancer that eats away at the very fabric of our communities and threatens the well-being of everyone. This insidious hatred must be opposed by all people of good will. Continue Reading
- Meet You at the Mountain! Ice Cream Sundaes and the Ten Commandments (5/11/2023) - We are gearing up to Shavuot, the holiday of the Giving of the Torah, Thursday night May 25th through Saturday night, May 27th. Join us! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Women Bridge a Cultural Chasm in an Award-Winning Israeli Film (5/11/2023) - Join Kathryn Bernheimer for a discussion following the May 17th screening of "Cinema Sabaya" at the Dairy Arts Center's Boedecker Theater Continue Reading
- BJN Poet Releases Book of Poetry (5/11/2023) - Lisa Tremback, long-time contributor of poetry to the Boulder Jewish News, has just released a book of her poetry, "The Water Cycles." Continue Reading