Shabbat shalom, and happy St. Paddy’s Day (any excuse to celebrate…)! From our friends at JTree:
“Check out the New JTree website, part of Adamah: People, Plant, Purpose: JTree.”
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Israeli and Arab Scientists Work Together to Solve Regional Water Challenges (3/16/2023) - Since its founding 25 years ago at Kibbutz Ketura in the Arava Valley, the Arava Institute has been cultivating regional cooperation with its neighbors through research and academic study programs. Continue Reading
- Column: ‘Anger Issues’ Drive an Anti-Israel Bully (3/16/2023) - Saadah Masoud pledges to address his “anger issues.” Does this mean he will no longer strike Jewish New Yorkers because they are Jewish? Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Day Camp Now Hiring for the Summer (3/13/2023) - Cherryvale Day Camp offers a number of different programs. The season runs from June 5 - August 11, 2023. Being a day camp counselor can be a rewarding and enriching experience that offers a number of benefits. Continue Reading
- The Jewish Courts That Judged Jews Accused of Nazi Collaboration (3/13/2023) - Shepsl Rotholc was a famous champion Jewish boxer in Poland in the 1930s. In 1941, two years after the Germans invaded, he became a policeman in the Warsaw Ghetto, helping to maintain order and enforce Nazi orders. Was Rotholc guilty of collaborating with the Nazis? Did he have any other choice? Should he be considered… Continue Reading
- Letter: Israel is Our Business (3/13/2023) - Bruce Ticker (“Israel is Our Business,” March 2) claims that the current Israeli government “has proposed annexing the Palestinian territories.” In fact, the government has not made any such proposal, and the platform of the ruling Likud party says nothing about annexing territories. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- New Singing Circle Starts at the Boulder JCC (3/16/2023) - Michelle Wolf and Susan Berman will create an instant mini-choir experience on Tuesday March 21 at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Chai Life Group Presents “Irena Sendler: The Angel of the Warsaw Ghetto” (3/16/2023) - The Chai Life Group is Boulder's new group for single older adults (70+). Our next program, Irena Sendler: The Angel of the Warsaw Ghetto, is a one-woman show that will be performed at Congregation Har HaShem on Thursday, April 13. Continue Reading
- “Straight Talk” Program Brings Israeli and Palestinian Musicians Together in Boulder (3/13/2023) - The word “Dugri” comes from Arabic – meaning straight. Israelis and Palestinians both speak their minds. Straightforward talk with no apologies. For better or for worse… you will know exactly what they think. Continue Reading