Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- JFest Success: Record $340,000 for Boulder JCC Programs, Plus Great Party (3/9/2023) - Our community showed up strong in support of the Boulder JCC. These funds are crucial in making all that we do possible and we are eternally grateful for this support. Continue Reading
- Shrinking To Infinity (3/9/2023) - “The only ones afraid of guns are those who have many gods and one world. Those who have one G-d and many worlds are not afraid.” This was the response of the previous Lubavitcher Rebbe, when a prison guard tried to stop him from praying. Continue Reading
- Column: As Spencer Tracy Would Say: God Speaks to Eric Adams, and NYC’s Mayor Tells the World (3/9/2023) - New York City Mayor Eric Adams may well fit in somewhere between the great actor Frederic March’s portrayal of a fanatical lawyer delivering God’s instructions to the world, and that of lesser-known actor Jay Robinson as a frenzied Caligula when, as Rome’s emperor, he demands his court to “kneel…kneel…kneel to your God.” Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Dan Fraenkel z”l (3/9/2023) - Dan Fraenkel, longtime member of Bonai Shalom, passed away at 76. The funeral is Friday, March 10, 2023. Continue Reading
- Julian Sonnenberg and Scarlet Cohen B’nai Mitzvah (3/5/2023) - On Saturday, January 28th, 2023 Toby Ellis and Tyler Emdur will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Solo Dance Performance, “Gone,” Featured at Boulder JCC (3/9/2023) - Upon return from an international tour Robert Sher-Machherndl's Lemon Sponge Cake delivers a highly developed, all new solo work "GONE" - Thursday, March 23 at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Highlights from the Tel Aviv Museum of Art (3/5/2023) - Join us for a fascinating lecture given by Sophia Berry Lifschitz, curator at the Department of Modern Art at the Tel Aviv Museum of Art. The talk will begin with a short introduction to the history of the Museum with its unique connection to the establishment of the State of Israel. Continue Reading
- Song Circle for Every Voice at the Boulder JCC (3/5/2023) - Do you love to sing? Does your heart open when singing with others? Do you miss being in community, joining voices? Continue Reading
- Hope and Grief in the Age of Climate Change: Queer Disability Politics and Ancient Jewish Story (3/5/2023) - Can Jewish text and tradition offer resources for navigating the emotional terrain of climate change? In her presentation, Prof. Watts Belser will examine ancient and contemporary stories about Jonah, the biblical prophet who famously turned away from God’s call. Continue Reading