The Boulder JCC has a number of positions available for the summer. If you know of a person, over 18, who is interested in working with kids please let them know about the great opportunities at the Boulder JCC. Click here for all our job opportunities.
Cherryvale Day Camp offers a number of different programs, including Farm Camp, for kids ages 4-14. The season runs from June 5 – August 11, 2023. Being a day camp counselor can be a rewarding and enriching experience that offers a number of benefits. Here are a few of the key benefits of working as a day camp counselor:
- Personal growth: Being a day camp counselor requires patience, leadership, and interpersonal skills, and working in this role can help you to develop these qualities and grow as a person.
- Opportunities for mentorship: Working with children and teenagers can be a great opportunity to make a positive impact on someone else’s life, and to pass on your own knowledge and experience.
- Flexibility: Day camp programs typically take place during the summer months, which can be a great opportunity to take a break from school or work and earn some extra money.
- Sense of community: Working at a day camp means being part of a team of counselors and staff who are all dedicated to providing a fun and safe experience for the children in their care.
- Making a difference: Day camp counselors have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of the children they work with. Whether it’s helping a child to conquer their fear of the water, or just being a supportive and encouraging presence during their day, day camp counselors play a key role in the lives of the children they work with.
- Opportunities for fun: While being a day camp counselor can be hard work, it can also be a lot of fun. Camp activities include games, sports, arts and crafts, and other fun events, and as a counselor, you will have the opportunity to participate in these activities and have fun alongside the children.
- Professional development: Working as a day camp counselor can also help you develop skills that can be valuable in other areas of your life, including teamwork, communication, and leadership.
Overall, being a day camp counselor can be a challenging and rewarding experience that offers a wide range of benefits, both personal and professional. If you’re looking for a way to make a difference, have fun, and grow as a person, then consider becoming a day camp counselor.