The Boulder JCC has a number of positions available for the summer. If you know of a person, over 18, who is interested in working with kids, please let them know about the great opportunities at the Boulder JCC. Click here for all our amazing job opportunities.
Cherryvale Day Camp offers a number of different programs. The season runs from June 5 – August 11, 2023. Being a day camp counselor can be a rewarding and enriching experience that offers a number of benefits. Here are a few of the key benefits of working as a day camp counselor:
- Personal growth: Being a day camp counselor requires patience, leadership, and interpersonal skills, and working in this role can help you to develop these qualities and grow as a person.
- Opportunities for mentorship: Working with children and teenagers can be a great opportunity to make a positive impact on someone else’s life and to pass on your own knowledge and experience.
- Flexibility: Day camp programs typically take place during the summer months, which can be a great opportunity to take a break from school work, earn some extra money, and get engaged.
- Sense of community: Working at a day camp means being part of a team of counselors and staff who are all dedicated to providing a fun and safe experience for the children in their care.
- Making a difference: Day camp counselors have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of the children they work with. Whether it’s helping a child to conquer their fear of the water or just being a supportive and encouraging presence during their day, day camp counselors can play a key role in the lives of children and teens.
- Opportunities for fun: While being a day camp counselor can be hard work, it can also be a lot of fun. Camp activities can include games, sports, arts and crafts, farm activities, and other fun events. As a counselor, you will have the opportunity to participate in these activities and even have fun alongside the children.
- Professional development: Working as a day camp counselor can also help you develop skills that can be valuable and useful in other areas of your life. Experience and learn skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, and so much more.
Being a day camp counselor can be a rewarding experience that offers a wide range of benefits, both personal and professional. If you are, or you know of someone, looking for a summer job that makes a difference in the community and allows for personal growth, please pass on this information about how to become a day camp counselor at the Boulder JCC.