Shabbat shalom! The long holiday season is over, at least until Chanukah.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, as well as the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: What’s Israel Got to Do, Got to Do with Sexism and Homophobia? (10/20/2022) - Perhaps these students had not advanced far enough in law school to recognize that the murder of women and gays is, well, murder. Continue Reading
- Letter: The Dangerous Myopia of Dean Erwin Chermerinsky (10/20/2022) - "Jew Free Zones." This antisemitic phrase has been in the news recently because about a dozen student groups at UC Berkeley under the auspicious of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), have announced the total prohibition of all speakers who believe in Jewish self determination. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Hosting Groups Supporting Healing, Wholeness, and Belonging (10/19/2022) - Congregation Har HaShem invites anyone in the community to join our mental health and chronic health conditions support groups. We care about you and your well being! Check our calendar for meeting dates and links to register. Continue Reading
- Olive Spohn and Benjamin Protas B’nai Mitzvah (10/20/2022) - On Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 Olive Spohn and Benjamin Protas will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Abortion? Queer? Climate Change? “Human” Rights? Trans? – What Does Judaism Have to Say? (10/19/2022) - Join Rabbi Alan Shavit-Lonstein for weekly discussions and learning about today's hot topics. Sessions meet on Zoom, beginning November 1 at 7 pm. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Filmmaker and Cinematographer Peter Stein to Appear in Person at the Boulder Jewish Film Festival (10/20/2022) - Peter Stein will present his documentary tribute to his photographer father and also give a talk about the art of cinematography. Continue Reading
- A Special Evening of Jazz at the Boulder JCC with the Joe Alterman Trio (10/19/2022) - An exciting evening of music is in store at the Boulder JCC with Jazz pianist Joe Alterman and his trio. Join us on Sunday, October 23rd at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Know Your Nosh: Food, Jewishness, & Identity (10/20/2022) - There’s an old joke about Jewish holidays — they tried to kill us, we survived, let’s eat! While there’s some truth to this description of Jewish holidays, this joke also reveals a connection between Jewish food, Jewish politics, Jewish identity, Jewish culture, and even Jewish survival that has taken many forms. Continue Reading
- Eran Doron, Mayor of Ramat HaNegev, Israel To Speak in Boulder on November 8 (10/19/2022) - The Boulder-Ramat HaNegev Sister City Initiative is hosting Ramat HaNegev Mayor Eron Doron and Boulder Mayor Aaron Brockett for an informal happy hour on November 8. Continue Reading