Shabbat shalom! We have come to the beginning of the end of the year — Thanksgiving Week. We expect that it will be a slow news week, so don’t be surprised if you don’t hear from us before next Thursday. But by all means, if you have some news to share, we look forward to hearing from you. Safe travels to you and your loved ones, whether the travel is to, or from, our beloved Boulder.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: Road to the Jewish White House (11/17/2022) - Jared Polis, Joshua Shapiro and Lee Zeldin ended the day, on Tuesday, Nov. 8, able to claim vast political accomplishments. All three can be credited with consolidating or augmenting power in their states for their respective political parties. Continue Reading
- Red Cross Awards Grant to JFS Boulder for Extended Mental Health Services (11/16/2022) - JFS Boulder has received a $250,000 recovery grant from the Red Cross to expand access to longer-term mental health services for those impacted by the Marshall Fire and Straight-Line Wind Event, as well as individuals who have secondary trauma attributed to their roles as first responders, teachers, and disaster recovery staff. Continue Reading
- JFS Boulder Provides Resources for Those Impacted by the Marshall Fire (11/14/2022) - As the one-year anniversary of the Marshall Fire approaches JFS Boulder continues to provide resources for those impacted by the fire. Continue Reading
- The Harold Grinspoon Foundation’s JCamp 180® to Invest $25 million in Jewish Camps (11/14/2022) - JCamp 180, a core program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF), will support more than 100 nonprofit Jewish overnight camps over the next five years with the $25 million Forward Together matching grant. Continue Reading
- Ladies: It’s Finally Here…Our Annual Women’s Friday Night (11/17/2022) - It is that time of year again! I warmly welcome you to cap your week with a magical Women’s Friday Night Out next Friday night. Continue Reading
- A Eulogy for Judith Orloff z”l (11/16/2022) - Judith Orloff z"l passed away on November 8, 2022. This is Rabbi Marc Soloway's eulogy. Continue Reading
- Loving Language – Lifting Lives (11/17/2022) - Words of loving-kindness (Ahavas Chesed) is the focus for this November’s Clean Speech Colorado. Join Yehudis Fishman to share many examples from Torah, Talmud, Mystics, and contemporary sources about how the power of words can lift our spirits even from the darkest places. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Host Annual “Great Big Challah Bake” (11/16/2022) - The program is open to experienced and novice bakers. Everyone is welcome (ages 12 and up) to join this program for a hands-on experience to create a challah. Continue Reading