Shabbat shalom! The Boulder Jewish Film Festival continues through Sunday, November 13th. And now that the election is (mostly) behind us, we can take a deep breath (and clean out our email inboxes).
Also, a heartfelt thank you to all our veterans, Jewish and not, for their service to our country and for protecting our freedoms.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: Two Perilous Forces in Israel (11/10/2022) - No question that American Jews should be anxious about the future of an Israel in Bibi’s hands. There will likely be two prime forces at work that can intensify the conflict with the Palestinians. Continue Reading
- JEWISHcolorado Begins National Search for New President & CEO as Rabbi Jay Strear Departs (11/8/2022) - JEWISHcolorado has announced the departure of Rabbi Jay Strear as President & CEO of the organization at the end of the month. Continue Reading
- What Is So Odd About Getting Even? (11/8/2022) - The 2022 Boulder Jewish Festival Film series, highlights several Holocaust related movies. One of the most prominent is "Plan A," the true story of attempted revenge on the Nazis by some Jewish groups. This article discusses some of the complex issues brought up by this film. Continue Reading
- Shabbat: South Africa, Where Do the Jews Fit In? (11/10/2022) - Why does the rich country of South Africa have such a large, impoverished population? What is the involvement of the 12th largest Jewish population in the world in this emerging country? Continue Reading
- Colorado Businessman and Philanthropist Dedicates Sefer Torah in Honor of Late Mother (11/10/2022) - Colorado resident Ron Werner, along with his father Robert and brother Michael, dedicated a completed Sefer Torah (Torah scroll) in memory of his mother on top of the ancient Jewish fortress of Masada. Continue Reading
- Shabbat Project Kicks Off with Over 2,500 Events and 1 Million Jews Worldwide (11/8/2022) - Over 2,500 Shabbat Project events – more than double than in 2021 – will take place this year on and around November 11-12, 2022 (Parshat Vayeira), in Jewish communities across the globe. Continue Reading
- Elliot Litwin Bar Mitzvah (11/8/2022) - On Saturday, November 12th, 2022, Elliot Litwin will be called to the Torah as Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder’s Dee Dee Diamond to Share Her Family’s History of Settling the Wild West at the Boulder Jewish Film Festival (11/10/2022) - Join us for a day celebrating local history as we close the festival with "Jews of the Wild West." Continue Reading
- November 16: Solutions for Inclusion in the Israel Defense Forces (11/10/2022) - "Special in Uniform" is a very unique program, now operating in partnership with Jewish National Fund (JNF), integrating young people with autism and other disabilities into the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and, in turn, into Israeli society. Continue Reading