Shabbat shalom. This week, we remembered Israel’s war dead and celebrated Israel’s Independence Day!
The memorial service has been scheduled for Henry Rasof, z”l; it will take place on May 15 at Nevei Kodesh.
Our thoughts and prayers also continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack in Ukraine, recently home to roughly 300,000 Jews.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Boulder Celebrates Israel 74 Together (5/5/2022) - Hundreds of community members turned up in person to celebrate Israel's 74th birthday outdoors on a beautiful afternoon, Thursday May 5, 2022. Continue Reading
- BDS Propaganda at Harvard Crimson (5/5/2022) - The Harvard Crimson editorial starkly proclaims: “We support the Boycott, Divest, and Sanction movement as a means of achieving that goal.” Continue Reading
- Letter: ADL: Better Late Than Never (5/5/2022) - For many years thoughtful Jews have railed against ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt for almost exclusively focusing on the dangers of right-wing antisemitism -- which certainly Jews should be made aware of -- to the exclusion of the dangers of left-wing antisemitism. Continue Reading
- In Person First Friday Is Back at Bonai Shalom on May 6! (5/1/2022) - Jennifer Livovich, Founding Director of Feet Forward: “Changing Homelessness Because It Changed Me” Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Israeli Dance Workshop June 18-19 (5/5/2022) - The Boulder Israeli Dance Group is thrilled to bring Argentine master dance teacher Marcel Marianoff to lead a dance workshop June 18-19 at the Avalon Ballroom, 6185 Arapahoe Rd, Boulder. Continue Reading
- Ignorance Grows Like a Weed Within the Garden of Eden (5/5/2022) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Volunteer at the 2022 Boulder Jewish Festival (5/5/2022) - After a two-year hiatus, the Boulder Jewish Festival is back on Sunday, June 12! Volunteers are needed to help make this day a success and volunteer registration is open now until June 1. Continue Reading
- Two Opportunities to Nosh & Network with the Boulder JCC (5/5/2022) - Join us on Zoom for Nosh & Network’s next Speed Networking program on Tuesday, May 10 starting at 4 pm. These recurring virtual events are scheduled on the second Tuesday of each month. Continue Reading
- Second End-of-Life Planning Session is Tuesday (5/1/2022) - Many people don’t encounter the roadmap of decisions that need to be made about end-of-life until they are in the moment. This Tuesday evening Zoom workshop will introduce how and what to plan for, long before there’s a need. Continue Reading
- JNF-USA and Boulder JCC to Showcase Israeli Advances in Water Technology (5/1/2022) - On Thursday, May 12, 2022, Naty Barak of Netafim will be the keynote speaker at Jewish National Fund-USA’s and Boulder Jewish Community Center’s joint community event, From Israel to the World: Israeli Innovations in Using Water to Produce Food. Continue Reading