Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack in Ukraine, recently home to roughly 300,000 Jews.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: The Path Back to Cultural Suppression (5/12/2022) - Perhaps the Taliban decided it would be timely to out-do our Supreme Court. It decreed on Saturday that the women of Afghanistan must cover their entire bodies, at least with a garment known as a hijab. A burqa would be better, but it is not required. Continue Reading
- Letter: Another Garden Poem (5/12/2022) - Here is another poem about the Garden of Eden. Continue Reading
- “The Farm Where It Happened?” Drip Irrigation & A Summer of Israeli Environmental Adventure (5/10/2022) - When we were on a month long family visit to Israel in 1986, on a Denver Federation sponsored trip, Kesher, we saw with our own eyes the very leaky pipe where the inspiration for Drip Irrigation was born. Continue Reading
- New Israeli Neighborhood Named After CO Resident, Holocaust Survivor Max Furer z”l (5/10/2022) - “My dad was a builder,” explained his daughter, Dr. Karen Jonscher, in reference to why they chose to dedicate his bequest to Jewish National Fund-USA’s Housing Development Fund. “He loved building and he loved Israel. It was something I thought he would approve of.” Continue Reading
- Letter: US and Israel: The $3 Billion Bargain (5/10/2022) - The bottom line ... is that the $3 billion plus that Israel receives from the US each year is a very good bargain for the American taxpayer. Continue Reading
- RSVP for Boulder’s Outdoor Lag BBQ (5/12/2022) - Lag B'Omer is coming up in a week on Thursday, May 19. On Lag B’Omer communities across the world, gather to celebrate the life of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, the father of KABBALAH. Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai was a famous first-century Tannaic sage, and the author of the famed Zohar, the chief work of the Kabbalah.… Continue Reading
- Focus on Legacy Giving at the Boulder JCC (5/12/2022) - Since 2018, the Boulder JCC, along with 27 other local Jewish organizations, has participated in Live On: Build Your Jewish Legacy, an initiative of Rose Community Foundation, and LIFE & LEGACY, a partnership program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (Live On | LIFE & LEGACY™). Continue Reading
- Aylah Seigal B’nai Mitzvah (5/12/2022) - On Saturday, May 14, 2022, Aylah Seigal will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Music at the 2022 Boulder Jewish Festival Will Keep You Dancing All Day Long (5/12/2022) - The Boulder Jewish Festival will be held in front of the Courthouse on the Pearl Street Mall on Sunday, June 12. The music lineup is always a big draw for this event that highlights Jewish culture through art, food, music, and our dedicated community organizations. This year the festival is working with Boulder musician and… Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts Blood Drive on June 1 (5/10/2022) - Do a mitzvah and donate at the Boulder JCC/Vitalant blood drive on Wednesday, June 1 from 11 am - 3 pm. The drive will be held in Levin Hall. Continue Reading