Shabbat shalom! Our thoughts and prayers, once again, are with brothers and sisters under attack — this time in Ukraine, home to roughly 300,000 Jews. We have updates from the Jewish Agency for Israel.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: NY Times Article on Rashida Tlaib Is Shoddy, But It Is Not Journalism (3/10/2022) - Those who call the article shoddy journalism give the Times too much credit. The article is shoddy, but is it journalism? Minimal balance, little context, no facts to support sweeping accusations. Continue Reading
- The Jewish Agency for Israel Ukraine Update (3/9/2022) - Updates from The Jewish Agency for Israel as of March 9, 2022 regarding its emergency operations surrounding the war in Ukraine. Continue Reading
- JCC Denver Hosts Purim Drag Queen Bingo on March 19 (3/10/2022) - “Booooo” Haman. “Yaaaasss” Drag Queens! This ain’t your Temple’s Purim Spiel. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Purim with the Boulder JCC (3/7/2022) - The Boulder JCC has in-person Purim programs and opportunities for all ages to get in the spirit of this festive holiday. Continue Reading
- Purim of the Wild West Will Bring Purim to Life in Boulder! (3/7/2022) - “Purim of the Wild West” is Boulder Center for Judaism's creative twist to this year’s community celebration of Purim, the holiday commemorating the Jewish people’s salvation in Persia of old. Continue Reading
- Join Beth Ami Congregation for Purim Shabbat (3/7/2022) - Why do we celebrate the myth of Queen Esther and her male cohorts? Find out when you join us for an easy and welcoming Shabbat, followed by a little Purim merriment. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Take a Free Virtual Tour of the National Portrait Gallery with Boulder Hadassah (3/10/2022) - On Thursday March 24, 2022, Boulder Hadassah is hosting a free, private, docent-led virtual hour and a half Zoom tour of the National Portrait Gallery, featuring women artists and their subjects. Continue Reading
- Messinger Gallery at the Boulder JCC Opening Reception (3/10/2022) - After a more than two-year absence of gallery openings due to the pandemic, the Boulder JCC is thrilled to be hosting a reception and artist talk on March 31 to welcome a new exhibition into the space. Continue Reading
- Happenings at Nevei Kodesh (3/10/2022) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Present Parenting Safe Children Workshop (3/10/2022) - The Boulder JCC is partnering with local parent educator Feather Berkower to bring this important virtual Parenting Safe Children workshop to the JCC and our community. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: