Shabbat shalom! The Boulder JCC is in the middle of its JFest 2022 annual celebration of our community culminating in a 36-hour fundraising drive. Find out more!
Meanwhile, FEMA reports that the deadline for applying for FEMA assistance with Marshall Fire impacts is March 2nd. Read more here.
The Boulder JCC is offering FREE meeting spaces (equipped with tables, Wi-Fi) for those impacted by the fires or working to support our community. To reserve a meeting space, please email ReserveFreeSpace@boulderjcc.org. If you need any Zoom/virtual meeting support, please email Nancy.Lipsey@boulderjcc.org. Here is the link to the full Boulder JCC Marshall Fire resource page.
Please share with anyone you know in need — our community will get through this together.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Disaster Recovery Update: Two Weeks Left To Apply For Assistance (2/17/2022) - Community Members affected by the Marshall Fire and straight-line winds disaster have two weeks left to apply for federal disaster assistance. The deadline for both FEMA disaster assistance and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loans is Wednesday March 2, 2022. Continue Reading
- Never Be Lonely (2/17/2022) - My first encounter with Chabad came about in 1960 when I was seventeen, and a friend invited me to a farbrengen where the Rebbe spoke. From that moment, I was totally smitten with the movement. It was a very cold winter day, and I remember feeling that although my body was frozen, my soul was… Continue Reading
- Column: Deborah Lipstadt’s Nomination: 6-Month Delay Thanks to A 6-Year-Old’s Mindset (2/17/2022) - Tracking Nancy Pelosi’s Gazpacho police must be a rigorous chore, yet the idiocy of the congresswoman who fabricated the story hardly compares with blocking the appointment of an antisemitism monitor or undermining the attorney-general over disruptions at local school board meetings that weaponize antisemitism. Continue Reading
- The B’nai Mitzvah Class We All Wish We Had as Young Activists. (2/17/2022) - The Adventure Judaism Mitzvah class for B’nai Mitzvah & B’nai Yisrael Students held by Rabbi Alan Shavit-Lonstein is back and runs from April 2022 till February 2023. Continue Reading
- Reb Richard Rocklin’s Second Bar Mitzvah Speech (2/17/2022) - "Today is a very special day in my life. I won't tell you how old I am, but I'll give you a hint. Today is the 70th anniversary of my Bar Mitzvah." Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Naomi Harris z”l (2/13/2022) - Naomi Harris (Naomi bat Baruch v'Esther) passed away peacefully on Friday, February 11, 2022 from cancer, at home in the presence of her daughters, Sasha and Leah. Continue Reading
- Upcoming Events on Sephardic Jews-of-Color & Eco-Action / Shmita (2/17/2022) - Cara Judea Alhadeff will be presenting two talks in the next month, both available online. Continue Reading
- Get Together At JFest: A Month Of Programs And Connection (2/13/2022) - JFest is the Boulder JCC’s annual celebration of our community culminating in a 36-hour fundraising drive. Throughout the month of February, join us virtually and in person as we offer opportunities for meaningful connection. Continue Reading
- Reduce Marshall Fire Traumatic Stress, In Person or Virtually (2/13/2022) - This single-session group intervention is for our neighbors who have experienced trauma from the Marshall Fire. The goal is to build resiliency and reduce traumatic stress surrounding this event. Continue Reading
- Evil Spirits, Wayward Stars, and Scribal Knowledge in Jewish Antiquity (2/13/2022) - The CU Boulder Program in Jewish Studies invites you to a special lecture by this year's Sondra and Howard Bender Visiting Scholar, Dr. Annette Yoshiko Reed. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: