Six weeks after the Marshall Fire devastated portions of Superior and Louisville. Jewish Family Services and the Boulder JCC are two access points to services for the survivors. Here is a link to the JFS page to register for financial assistance, with links to mental health resources for adults and children. JFS posted a story this week about one family (among many) that they’ve helped.
The Boulder JCC is offering FREE meeting spaces (equipped with tables, Wi-Fi) for those impacted by the fires or working to support our community. To reserve a meeting space, please email ReserveFreeSpace@boulderjcc.org. If you need any Zoom/virtual meeting support, please email Nancy.Lipsey@boulderjcc.org. Here is the link to the full Boulder JCC Marshall Fire resource page.For a more Jewish response, consider donating a month’s worth of special shabbat candles to those impacted by the fire from the Shabbat Candle Club.
Please share with anyone you know in need — our community will get through this together.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- JFS Helps Marshall Fire Victims, One Family at a Time (2/10/2022) - Jill Ruggles lost her home of 30 years in the fire. She shares her account of what happened and how JFS came to her family’s rescue when they needed to find immediate housing. Continue Reading
- Column: ‘Berated By Nazis’: Happening Here, And Now (2/10/2022) - Never would we expect Nazis assaulting an American Jew near Disney World. Or anywhere else in this nation. Continue Reading
- Letter: Israel Apartheid: Not (2/10/2022) - With all of the horrendous human rights violations across the globe, three "human rights" organizations, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and B'Tselmen are rarely heard from except when they fill the airwaves with the allegation that Israel is an apartheid state. Continue Reading
- Jewish National Fund-USA Showcases the Real Israel, Rejects Amnesty’s Delegitimization Campaign (2/6/2022) - Jewish National Fund-USA encourages everyone to show the world the real Israel as the organization calls out Amnesty International for its relentless campaign of delegitimization and hate against the Jewish homeland. Continue Reading
- Next Women’s Brunch and Learn This Sunday, February 13 (2/10/2022) - Get answers to all your questions. Explore daily lessons of the Parshah with like-minded women. Chany Scheiner of the Boulder Center for Judaism is offering an intriguing Torah class for women, and the next session is this Sunday. Continue Reading
- Registration Now Open for Passover Seder at Temple Aaron (2/6/2022) - Join us in person in Trinidad, Colorado for an intimate close to Pesach. Led by Rabbi Rob Lennick, Temple Aaron’s Seder will be held the last afternoon of Passover, Saturday, April 23. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- God’s Eye In the Sky (2/10/2022) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Announcing the Kickoff of Beth Ami’s Good Movie Club (2/6/2022) - Beth Ami Colorado Congregation for Humanistic Judaism is launching a movie club that will focus on provocative films that have a connection to Jewish and/or humanistic values. Continue Reading
- Speed Network with Nosh & Network and the Boulder JCC Tuesday (2/6/2022) - The Boulder JCC’s Nosh & Network group hosts monthly virtual Speed Networking events on the second Tuesday of every month at 4 pm. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: