Shabbat shalom! We’ve hit December, and Chanukah is around the corner. The edition has plenty of information on this year’s celebrations.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: Jerusalem Bombings: ‘Collective Punishment’ Against Jews (12/1/2022) - The morning before Thanksgiving, the Schupaks could not escape the enmity toward Jews when Aryeh was murdered in the first of two bus stop bombings in Jerusalem. Continue Reading
- New Chai Life Group for Single Older Adults (11/29/2022) - Boulder's Jewish community has grown in the last bunch of years with lots of programming and opportunities to match, but one segment of our population was being underserved...single older adults. Continue Reading
- L’chaim! A Jewish Anti-Death Penalty Group (11/29/2022) - The grandson of two Holocaust survivors, Michael Zoosman grew up thinking capital punishment was justified. But thanks to a spiritual evolution that began when he was a student at Brandeis University and accelerated during a stint as a prison chaplain, Zoosman changed his mind. Continue Reading
- Letter: Spinning Off Into Madness… (11/27/2022) - But why, what possible reason could Trump have had for allowing lunatic antisemite Kanye West to visit him after all of West’s frightening hate was made public, despite it intentionally being relegated to Tucker Carlson’s cutting room floor? Continue Reading
- Grand Menorah Lighting with Governor Jared Polis on December 19 (12/1/2022) - The Boulder County Center for Judaism and the Boulder JCC are hosting a one-of-a-kind public Menorah lighting. Continue Reading
- Don’t Miss Chanukah of Lafayette, Night 1 of Chanukah! (12/1/2022) - In a tradition that gains traction and attendees each year, the Boulder County Center for Judaism celebrates together for Chanukah. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Chanukah with the Boulder JCC (11/29/2022) - The Boulder JCC has 7 events on tap for the Chanukah season! (Why not 8? Ask them!) Continue Reading
- Adventure Rabbi Jewish Teens Meet Monthly (11/27/2022) - The Adventure Rabbi Teens group meets once a month. Their activities are focused on fun and friendship. "Our teens have experienced their share of stress and trauma," explains Rabbi Korngold. "We want them to know that every month we offer a fun activity for them to do, with a group of Jewish friends." Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- December Activities for the Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (12/1/2022) - This Sunday, the Colorado Hebrew Chorale presents The First Sundays: Text and Context series with Leah Peer’s analysis of the texts of songs Kol Nashim is singing in 2022-2023. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Offer “A Night at the Catskills” (12/1/2022) - Join us for a festive pre-Chanukah evening of music, dancing, cabaret, mingling, and more as we recreate the tastes, sounds, and ambiance of the classic New York State “Borsht Belt” clubs of the 1950-60s. Continue Reading
- Post-Midterms Interfaith Panel: Where Do We Go From Here? (11/27/2022) - Tuesday night: Following the 2022 midterm elections, we convene public leaders from diverse backgrounds to discuss how we can have more constructive dialogue with people who may be dissimilar to us in an effort to advocate for unity over divisive rhetoric. Continue Reading