Shabbat shalom! Passover is next weekend, so check out the pre-packaged Seder meals Boulder restaurants are offering this year — order soon! Also, Boulder County Center for Judaism is selling Shmura Matzoh again this year, as well as offering a community seder.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack in this week in Israel, and in Ukraine, home to roughly 300,000 Jews. Find out how money raised so far by the Jewish Federations of North America (including our own JEWISHcolorado) to help has been spent so far.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- National #6MillionSteps Campaign Launches To Remember The Holocaust, Spotlight Rising US Antisemitism (4/7/2022) - From the “Rocky” steps at Philadelphia’s Museum of Art to the Babi Yar Park in Denver, people from coast to coast are running and walking this month to remember the Holocaust and spotlight rising antisemitism in the Israeli-American Council’s #6MillionSteps campaign. Continue Reading
- Column: Religious Test for Supreme Court Seats? (4/7/2022) - U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, imposed a religious test upon the newly-confirmed Justice-to-be Ketanji Brown Jackson during her Supreme Court hearing, thus violating Article 6 of the Constitution. Continue Reading
- Experience (Your Own Personal) Exodus! (4/7/2022) - All Jews, regardless of affiliation, background, or age are invited to join the Boulder County Center for Judaism’s Seder on Friday, April 15. Continue Reading
- PJ Library Offers New Stories and Resources For Families Celebrating Passover in 2022 (4/7/2022) - Long a trusted resource for Jewish families in more than 35 countries around the world who receive their free books each month, PJ Library offers fresh reading, audio stories, and tasty treats for families celebrating Passover this year, April 15 to 23. Continue Reading
- Pesach: Unbreakable Soul (4/7/2022) - Some 3000 years ago, we were an enslaved people yearning for liberation from a tyrant. With the Haggadah, every year we gather to start our calendar anew by retelling the saga of the birth of the unbreakable soul of our nation. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Solomon Kimerling z”l (4/7/2022) - Solomon Kimerling, father of Elise, Michael, Judith and Leslie, passed away peacefully early on the morning of April 7, 2022, surrounded by his family in Boulder. Continue Reading
- Obituary – Solomon Kimerling z”l (4/7/2022) - Solomon P. Kimerling of Birmingham and Boulder passed away on Thursday, April 7, 2022. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Passover with Chabad at CU (4/6/2022) - Passover is coming up and Chabad at CU is celebrating by hosting Seder at 909 14th St, “in a huge tent.” Continue Reading
- The Nation’s Most Unique Passover Experience is Back this Year at the Moab Desert in Utah (4/6/2022) - From a Friday afternoon to mid-day Sunday in April, Jews from around the country descend on Moab, Utah to experience Passover with the Adventure Rabbi. Continue Reading
- Beth Ami Congregation to Host “Passover Seder Plate” (4/6/2022) - We welcome you to celebrate Passover/Pesach with the old and new themes of liberation and welcoming the stranger. We will provide a Seder plate of ritual foods, a Humanistic Haggadah, songs, and the opportunity to "do Jewish" in a meaningful way. Continue Reading
- Take Climate Action During Passover 2022 (4/6/2022) - Colorado Jewish Climate Action, Colorado Jews for Justice, and Dayenu are organizing a climate rally on April 19. Check out the other events also. Continue Reading
Second COVID Boosters are now available for those over 50 years old. Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: