Shabbat shalom. Boulder Jewish News mourns the passing last weekend of one of our regular/irregular contributors, Henry Rasof, z”l. Henry contributed poems and Purim spiels to the BJN, and wrote about his interest in crypto-Jews of the Southwest as well. He was honored by the Boulder County Center for Judaism as the Chanukah Lamplighter in Louisville in 2019. There will be a memorial for him in Boulder sometime in May, and we’ll be sure to publicize it. May his memory be for a blessing.
Our thoughts and prayers also continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack this week in Israel, and in Ukraine, recently home to roughly 300,000 Jews.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Join the Cherryvale Summer Camp Team! (4/21/2022) - Are you inspired to create positive change in our community? If so, the Boulder JCC might be the place for you! Continue Reading
- Matzah in Hand, Local Jewish Leaders and Allies Call on Wells Fargo to “Move Their Dough” from Fossil Fuels (4/21/2022) - On April 19, Jewish leaders from Colorado Jewish Climate Action (CJCA) and Dayenu: a Jewish Call to Climate Action, Colorado Jews for Justice, and Ekar Farm gathered in front of the Denver branch of Wells Fargo Bank to call on Wells Fargo CEO, Charlie Scharf, to take immediate action to end their investments in fossil… Continue Reading
- Column: Israeli Police vs. Circular Logic (4/21/2022) - On the first day of Passover, I left a store and entered my car only to look up and spot two bizarre signs on the wall – one warning of death in “hell-fire” for anyone who kills a son of Islam and the second crediting Muslims for building the Pyramids in Egypt. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh, April 22-28 (4/21/2022) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- The Secret of Six (4/21/2022) - I love the connection of numbers and Torah. In macro-terms, Torah is the blueprint of the universe. What is the secret of six? According to the famous Passover song, Who Knows One?, one is God, two are the tablets, three are the forefathers, four are the matriarchs, five are the books of Torah, and six… Continue Reading
- Beth Ami – CCHJ Invites You for Havdalah and to Explore the Fundamentals of Humanistic Judaism (4/20/2022) - We at Beth Ami often say we are a commandment-free organization. Does that mean we don't have morals and ethics? We do, of course, but what are they? Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Henry Rasof z”l (4/20/2022) - Henry Leplin Rasof, of Boulder, CO, passed away peacefully last Sunday, April 17, 2022. Continue Reading
- Deadline to Sign Up for First End-of-Life Planning Session is This Weekend (4/20/2022) - Learn more. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Presents “Investing in Women and Girls for a Better Future” (4/20/2022) - Women of the J, a program of the Boulder JCC, is proud to present as part of their Exceptional Women Series, "Investing in Women and Girls for a Better Future." Continue Reading