Shabbat shalom and Happy April Fools Day! Passover is coming soon and that’s no joke! Check out the pre-packaged Seder meals Boulder restaurants are offering this year — order soon! Also, Boulder County Center for Judaism is selling Shmura Matzoh again this year, as well as offering a community seder.
Certainly not fooling, our thoughts and prayers, once again, are with brothers and sisters under attack in Ukraine, home to roughly 300,000 Jews. Find out how money raised so far by the Jewish Federations of North America (including our own JEWISHcolorado) to help has been spent so far.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- How Your Federated $$ Are Working in Ukraine (3/31/2022) - We thank the many Coloradans who have generously supported this effort through JEWISHcolorado, and we want to provide the following details of how dollars have been put to work immediately to help those in need. Continue Reading
- Column: Tormenting Natalie, After She Challenges Anti-Israel Posting at UConn (3/31/2022) - Natalie Shclover displayed courage and integrity when she confronted Israel-bashing at the University of Connecticut a month ago, yet she made an error in judgment that boomeranged on her and offset a more productive outcome. Continue Reading
- OneTable and Haggadot.com Partner to Help Young Adults Build Community, Connect During Passover (3/31/2022) - (New York) – OneTable and Haggadot.com are partnering for Passover this year to enable Jewish young adults to create, host, and participate in meaningful in-person Seders, the ritual Passover meal, with peers. This major national initiative comes at a time when young people are eager to engage in in-person experiences that are rich with connection… Continue Reading
- Local Leaders Tackle Social Issues in Israel (3/31/2022) - This week, Denver’s Hirsch Neustein, Marisa Porter, and Whitney Wolz are representing JEWISHcolorado alongside 100 Jewish leaders and philanthropists for the first major North American young leadership mission to Israel since the pandemic, dubbed “New Mission for a New Generation.” Continue Reading
- Boulder County Center for Judaism Offers “Rolls Royce of Matzoh” (3/30/2022) - For over thirty years, Boulder Center for Judaism has been importing this “Rolls Royce of Matzo” by the truckload, for the Boulder County Jewish community to use in their celebrations of Passover. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- April Activities for Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (3/31/2022) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim present two programs in April 2022. Continue Reading
- “The Nanny” and the Jewish Stereotypes We’re Tired of Seeing (3/30/2022) - Stereotypes are surely innocent at the core and they shape aspects of life into digestible ideas...It however does not take a genius to conclude that stereotypes get things wrong. Continue Reading
- The Fateful Voyage of the St. Louis: A Discussion with Paul Shankman at the Boulder JCC (3/30/2022) - Join Paul Shankman and Joan Nagel at the Boulder JCC for this moving in-person presentation about the international refugee crisis in Europe in the late 1930s, and the story of one of the passengers who survived the fateful voyage of the St. Louis. Continue Reading
Second COVID Boosters are now available for those over 50 years old. Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: