Shabbat shalom! Passover is here — chag sameach!
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack in this week in Israel, and in Ukraine, home to roughly 300,000 Jews.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Jewish Philanthropists Catch the Spirit in Uplifting Mission to Israel (4/14/2022) - After seven magical days in Israel, 12 Jewish National Fund-USA partners (donors), mostly from the Colorado area, returned home from the organization’s Catch the Spirit Mission — one of the first missions to return to Israel since the start of the pandemic. Continue Reading
- 250 Jewish Refugees to Celebrate Pesach Seder in Warsaw (4/14/2022) - With thousands of Ukrainian Jews displaced from their homes and Pesach just two days away, some intrepid individuals are taking action to ensure that they can celebrate the Festival of Redemption with sentiments of joy and freedom. Continue Reading
- Column: Terror Spree in Israel May Even Extend To New Jersey (4/14/2022) - Terror attacks in Israel are so alarming that the first fatal assault could well have inspired a copycat crime 5,400 miles west – in Lakewood, N.J. Continue Reading
- Letter: Finally, Israel Understands PR (4/14/2022) - For years Zionists have lamented Israel's apparent failure to recognize that it has been losing a PR battle led by antisemitic professors at American universities and antisemitic members of the mainstream media. Well, apparently Israel finally got it. Continue Reading
- Haver Commemorates Yom HaShoah In Person This Year (4/13/2022) - After two years of online programming, the Boulder community will have an opportunity to gather in person for Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Memorial Day, on April 27th at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- The Jewish Agency to Hold Unique Passover Seders for Ukrainian Refugees and in Ethiopia (4/13/2022) - The Jewish Agency for Israel will hold a special Passover seder for hundreds of Ukrainian refugees who are staying at the organization’s Aliyah (immigration to Israel) processing centers in the region and are preparing for their departure to Israel. In addition, The Jewish Agency will also host special seders in Ethiopia for its future olim (immigrants) set to make… Continue Reading
- Last Chance to Sell Your Chametz! (4/11/2022) - Is there some way of avoiding the ownership of chametz on Passover without much effort involved? There is! Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts an All Ages Yom Ha’atzmaut Celebration of Israeli Music (4/13/2022) - On May 5, join us at the Boulder JCC for a community celebration of Yom Ha'atzmaut, Israel Independence Day. Continue Reading
- Milk and Honey Farm at the Boulder JCC to Offer Group Field Trips (4/11/2022) - Milk and Honey Farm at the Boulder JCC is excited to offer field trips and service-learning opportunities for schools and organizations. Find out more! Continue Reading
Second COVID Boosters are now available for those over 50 years old. Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: