Everyone needs help at some point in their lives. That is especially true for more individuals and families over the past 20 months since the pandemic began. Jewish Family Service (JFS) Boulder is here to serve you!
Whether you’ve lost your job and need rental assistance or employment support, are an older adult looking for friendly companionship, are grieving the loss of a loved one, or caring for an aging parent, we can help. We serve individuals and families of all faiths, races, ages, incomes, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities.
Contact us to learn more about these services—or tell a friend or loved one who could use our help:
- Emergency Assistance—Providing financial assistance to individuals and families for rent and mortgage payments.
- Care Management—Supporting access to a continuum of services that help older adults live in their community of choice.
- Employment—Offering a variety of free virtual classes, trainings, and support groups to help you re-enter the workforce. Classes accommodate different learning styles and offer accessibility tools.
- Counseling—Offering compassionate counseling via teletherapy from trained social workers with a wealth of expertise. Conversation-driven community groups, including a grief support group and caregiver support group, are also offered to build connections.
- Friendly Visitor Program—Pairing a Friendly Visitor volunteer with an older adult to promote meaningful friendships and prevent social isolation. We are currently looking for more volunteers and referrals for older adults who would like a Friendly Visitor volunteer.
- Jewish Disabilities Advocates—Providing inclusive programming to adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) through local synagogues and virtual programs. We also collaborate with Denver and Boulder-area synagogues and Jewish communal agencies to create disability awareness, promote inclusion, and address the needs of Jewish people with all types of disabilities and their families within their organizational communities.
- Holiday Services—Trained volunteer para-chaplains conduct Shabbat and other Jewish holiday celebrations at older adult residential communities (in-person and virtually), giving residents an important connection to their faith.
Wherever you are on your journey, know that JFS can support you. And if we can’t provide direct assistance, we have a vast network of resources and partnerships to help you. You are not alone.
Learn more at jewishfamilyservice.org/boulder or call 720.248.4686.