Shabbat shalom! The Boulder JCC kicks off their series, “Choosing Justice: Bringing Tikkun Olam Home to our Communities.” this Sunday. Check it out.
Have a great weekend, and stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy!
- Summer ’22 Israel Study Tour Filling Up (10/7/2021) - Registration is already half full for the Summer 2022 Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour (IST). IST is a program of JEWISHcolorado and, has been taking Colorado teens to Israel since 1971. Continue Reading
- Column: Coincidence? Iron Dome Triggers Rare Bipartisan Stand Over Process in Congress (10/7/2021) - It might otherwise have been delightful to witness a lone irregular Republican senator join with a handful of insufferable House Democrats who take a bipartisan stand over process and money in the halls of Congress. Continue Reading
- 80 Years After the Babi Yar Massacre – Our Duty Cannot Be Destroyed (10/3/2021) - By Dr. Michael Laitman In September 1941, within just two days, the Nazis murdered 33,771 Jews in the Babi Yar ravine on the outskirts of Kiev in then Nazi-occupied Ukraine. In doing so, they had effectively eliminated the Jewish population in the country’s capital. The Jews did not gather in the ravine of their own… Continue Reading
- Letter: Voting “Present”: The Refuge of Cowards (10/3/2021) - Members of Congress are paid large six-figure salaries and many thousands of dollars more in perks to make decisions, that is, to vote Yea or Nay — not to vote “Present.” Continue Reading
- Alec Seligman Bar Mitzvah (10/7/2021) - On Friday, October 8th, 2021, Alec Seligman will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder JCC Cancels Final Outdoor Movie Night for the Season (10/5/2021) - The Boulder JCC has canceled this event, originally scheduled for Thursday night. We're sorry for any inconvenience/misunderstanding. Continue Reading
- Join the Boulder JCC in Honoring Indigenous Peoples’ Day (10/7/2021) - The Boulder JCC is working with Right Relationship Boulder to present a virtual program on Wednesday, October 13 at 7 pm MT, on Fort Chambers, one of the staging grounds for the 1864 Sand Creek Massacre. Continue Reading
- Read Any Good Books Lately? It’s Time for Another Beth Ami Readers’ Circle! (10/7/2021) - What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon: discussing books with a Jewish or Humanistic theme. Continue Reading
- Sunday: Indigenous Wisdom for Healing Intergenerational Trauma (10/5/2021) - We will discuss the indigenous wisdom that has historically been used to heal intergenerational trauma, and why it is especially important at this time of upheaval and transformation with Dr. Anita Sanchez, Nahua (Aztec) and Mexican American. Continue Reading
- “What Works: Gun Violence Prevention in Communities” – Stand SAFE 2021, October 5 (10/4/2021) - . This year's event is titled "What Works: Gun Violence Prevention in Communities." Our discussion will focus on various gun violence prevention initiatives that have been implemented at the local and state levels. Continue Reading
- Final Month for Outdoor Yoga with Caron (10/4/2021) - Join experienced yoga instructor Caron Robinson for the final month of her grounding Pre-Shabbat outdoor yoga practice on Friday afternoons. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: