Shabbat shalom and Happy Thanksgiving… and Happy Chanukah! Here we are at the last shabbat of November, and this weekend also marks an early beginning to Chanukah as well. Upcoming community celebrations: Sunday night, November 28th, Moishe House party for young adults; Tuesday night, November 30th, Chanukah on Ice in Louisville; Thursday, December 2nd, Teen Chanukah Party at the Boulder JCC and Chanukah on the Pearl St. Mall for the whole community; Friday December 3rd, Beth Ami’s Zoom Chanukah Party and a Chanukah dinner at the Boulder County Center for Judaism.
Have a great weekend, and stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy!
- “Grand” Opportunity for Inter-Generational Experience; G2 Program Connects Grandparents and Grandchildren Around Jewish Experiences (11/25/2021) - JEWISHcolorado, in partnership with the Jewish Agency for Israel, is launching an innovative year-long Jewish experience specifically for grandparents and their grandchildren, aged 10-11. It is called G2, and it is designed to explore meaningful connections, family narratives, and legacies around Jewish experiences. Continue Reading
- Column: From Jerusalem to Harlem: What intersectionality? (11/25/2021) - The black community will protest police and vigilante-like killings of African-Americans; the ongoing violence within black neighborhoods; criminal trials that resemble kangaroo courts; and over such issues as voter suppression, schools and housing. Rioting over metal-detectors, though, has not emerged in the Black community’s struggle for social justice. Continue Reading
- Chanukah: I Have a Dream! (11/25/2021) - For eight nights, starting with the twenty-fifth of the month of Kislev, Jews celebrate the 165 BCE victory of the Maccabees, a brave troop of priest-warriors that vanquished the mighty Syrian-Greeks. Continue Reading
- Column: What Are We Really Celebrating on Chanukah? (11/25/2021) - Chanukah is a holiday when Jews celebrate their victory over the Seleucid Empire, which attempted to entrench the Hellenistic culture and belief system among the Jews in the land of Israel. Continue Reading
- Skate Into Chanukah; Chanukah on Ice at Winterskate (11/21/2021) - Join us for our annual Chanukah on Ice on Tuesday, November 30th, and come celebrate together! Continue Reading
- Ash’Kara Offers Chanukah Celebration Dinners To Go (11/21/2021) - Ash'Kara Boulder is offering Chanukah Dinners to go that can be ordered online and picked-up the first two nights of Chanukah. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Colorado Hebrew Chorale to Participate in Heart for the Holy Days Program (11/21/2021) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim will be participating in the 5th annual “Heart for the Holy Days” program at the Park Hill United Methodist Church on Wednesday, December 8. Continue Reading
- Black, Jewish & Queer: Navigating Judaism with Multiple Identities & Building Bridges (11/21/2021) - Rabbi Sandra Lawson will be in-person at the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) on Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. talking about her identities and how they connect to Judaism Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: