Shabbat shalom! And welcome to March. Passover is just three weeks away now. Thinking about the Zoom seders we’re starting to plan, why cook for just the few people in your house? Check out our suggestions.
Sooner than that, starting on March 10, check out the virtual 9th annual Boulder Jewish Film Festival, coming to a screen in your house!
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm!
- Slingshot Announces Its Second Annual “10 to Watch” List (3/4/2021) - Slingshot, an organization that engages young Jewish philanthropists to make lasting impact, has announced its 2021 “10 to Watch” list that highlights young organizations and projects in North America that are responding to current and timely needs in the Jewish community and beyond. Continue Reading
- Column: Uplifting Response To A Dreadful Anti-Semitic Slur (3/4/2021) - Lowell, Mass., did it right confronting anti-Semitism. Not so right when Manhattan dealt with distortions on Israel. Continue Reading
- Passover is Coming — Cater Your Seder During Covid (3/4/2021) - As we approach the second Zoom Passover of this pandemic, let someone else do the cooking! Isn't it time for you to leave this personal mitzrayim? Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- A YEAR OF COVID-19: Blessings and Loss (3/2/2021) - In response to seeing so many people suffer on so many levels, the rabbis of Haver have decided to mark the one-year anniversary of Covid-19 in Boulder with a special program on Sunday March 14th that acknowledges those losses but also offers hope and a path toward healing. Continue Reading
- Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim Announce Schedule for March (3/2/2021) - Colorado Hebrew Chorale is announcing three events during March, all available virtually. Continue Reading
- CU Boulder Hillel Hosts An Evening with Idan Raichel (3/1/2021) - Tonight, Tuesday, March 2nd, CU Boulder Hillel is planning an in-person drive-in concert by Idan Raichel, an international musician, with a live DJ and food trucks – all of which will be following COVID protocols. Viewers can also watch along at home via Zoom. Continue Reading
- Judaism and the Black Experience — 2021 Sondra and Howard Bender Visiting Scholar – March 18th (3/1/2021) - In this webinar, Professor Bruce Haynes (University of California, Davis) will speak about his award winning book "The Soul of Judaism: Jews of African Descent in America" (NYU Press 2018), the first comprehensive study of African-American Jewry. Continue Reading
- Five Community Choirs Will Sing Out for SafeHouse! (3/1/2021) - On Sunday, March 14, 2021, in commemoration of International Women’s Month, five community choirs will join together to present a benefit concert on behalf of SafeHouse Denver. Continue Reading