Shabbat shalom! Passover is just one week away now. Thinking about the Zoom seders we’re starting to plan, why cook for just the few people in your house? Check out our suggestions.
The Boulder Jewish Film Festival is wrapping up this weekend. But it’s not to late to watch! Check out the virtual 9th annual Boulder Jewish Film Festival, coming to a screen in your house!
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Beginning today, people 50+, more front line workers (including restaurant workers), people 16-49 with one or more high risk conditions can make appointments to get their vaccine shot(s). Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm!
- Colorado Jewish Community Stands in Solidarity with Our Asian Neighbors (3/18/2021) - JEWISHcolorado and the Colorado Jewish Community Relations Council stand in solidarity with the Asian community during this trying period and stand ready to support them following the mass shooting in Atlanta that left eight people dead, including six Asian women. Continue Reading
- Column: After Pittsburgh and Atlanta, Senate Rules Still Threaten Gun-Control Bills (3/18/2021) - It is a relief to learn that the nearly 10 million Americans who live in Arizona, Montana and West Virginia feel safe from gun violence. Three Democratic senators from these states will not take all necessary steps to pass two gun-control bills that the House of Representatives approved last Thursday. Continue Reading
- Shalva Band Goes Public with “Bridge Over Troubled Water” in Hebrew, Arabic and English (3/17/2021) - The Shalva Band, accompanied by the Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra, performed a unique virtual ‘duet’ of Simon and Garfunkel’s ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ with notable musicians from the United Arab Emirates in honor of Shalva’s 31st anniversary celebration aptly themed "Building Bridges to the Future”. Continue Reading
- Registration Now Open for Spring Semester at Kabbalah Experience (3/14/2021) - With six new class offerings available, Spring Semester at Kabbalah Experience is officially open for registration. Continue Reading
- It’s Crunch Time (3/18/2021) - Passover 2021 is fast approaching. This year, many of us are still keeping some level of social distancing, Boulder Center for Judaism has created new options to support the Jewish community in your Passover celebration while keeping things safe. See what we are offering. Continue Reading
- For Pandemic Passover 2021, Hundreds Turn to OneTable for Resources and Guidance on Safe, Meaningful Seders (3/18/2021) - OneTable, an organization that empowers people to envision new rituals and build community through Shabbat dinner experiences, is helping make the 2021 Passover Seder possible. Continue Reading
- This Weekend at Nevei Kodesh, March 19-21 (3/18/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Passover is Closer — This Year, Cater Your Seder (3/16/2021) - As we approach the second Zoom Passover of this pandemic, let someone else do the cooking! Isn't it time for you to leave this personal mitzrayim? Continue Reading
- Join Beth Ami for “Plastover! Freedom from Plastic” (3/14/2021) - Our virtual Passover Seder will focus on contemporary plagues and the oppression that we face from the pollution in our environment. Our rebranded “Plastover Seder” will highlight the goal of freedom from plastic pollution, while we also enjoy our customary Humanistic seder elements. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Sh’ma Israel! (3/18/2021) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- With a Few Days Left to Fest, and to Vote, a Few Favorites Emerge (3/17/2021) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival Festival plans a wrap party and announces audience award front runners Continue Reading
- Announcing Hazon’s Inaugural Jewish Art Competition: The Shmita Prizes (3/16/2021) - Hazon, the Jewish Lab for Sustainability non-profit, officially opened submissions for The Shmita Prizes – an international arts competition with five different prizes. The goal is to draw attention to and raise awareness of the forthcoming shmita year (beginning Rosh Hashanah 2021). Continue Reading
- Festival Retrospective Tribute Features Luminaries and Authorities (3/14/2021) - Martin Sheen, Dara Horn, Susannah Heschel, Rabbi Yitz Greenberg and other guests join the Boulder Jewish Film Festival conversation. Continue Reading