Shabbat shalom! Passover is just two weeks away now. Thinking about the Zoom seders we’re starting to plan, why cook for just the few people in your house? Check out our suggestions.
Meanwhile, on March 10, the Boulder Jewish Film Festival opened its virtual doors. Check out the virtual 9th annual Boulder Jewish Film Festival, coming to a screen in your house!
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm with the latest snowpocalyse on its way!
- Become a Cherryvale Day Camp Counselor at the Boulder JCC! (3/11/2021) - Each summer, thousands of young adults decide to work at summer camps like Cherryvale Day Camp at the Boulder JCC. Working as a camp counselor, you develop many practical skills that will set you on a course for a meaningful career in the future. Apply today! Continue Reading
- Column: With New COVID Critique, How Would Palestinian Leaders Govern Their Own State? (3/11/2021) - The Palestinian Authority, which administers limited public services in Israel’s territories, is now accused by its own people of distributing Covid-19 vaccines to the privileged at the expense of needy Palestinians. Such an allegation should make one wonder how the Palestinians will govern their own independent state. Continue Reading
- Governor Jared Polis to Speak at Boulder Covid-19 Event on Sunday, March 14 (3/10/2021) - Governor Jared Polis will be among the guest speakers at this Sunday's Covid-19 program presented by Haver, the Rabbinic Council of Boulder. More info and registration links here. Continue Reading
- JScreen Launches National Cancer Genetic Screening Program (3/9/2021) - JScreen today announced a new program that will offer at-home testing for more than 60 cancer susceptibility genes associated with hereditary risks for breast, ovarian, prostate, colorectal, skin and many other cancers. Continue Reading
- Masa Celebrates Twelve Jewish Women Making a Difference to Mark International Women’s Day (3/8/2021) - Masa Israel Journey released its inaugural list of Masa’s Inspiring Twelve: Jewish Women Working to Make a Difference. The release coincides with International Women’s Day and honors 12 women driving change in the global Jewish community. Continue Reading
- Help JFS Boulder Provide Passover Provisions to Homebound Adults (3/11/2021) - Please help us again fill the Seder Plate for older adults in Boulder County who are unable to share the Passover holiday with family and friends! Continue Reading
- This Weekend at Nevei Kodesh, March 12-14 (3/11/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- An Athletic Filmmaker With Rare Rigor And Vigor Returns To The Festival (3/11/2021) - Don't miss the opportunity to talk to Dani Menkin about his visually stunning and visceral human dramas on Sunday, March 14, at 2:00 pm. Continue Reading
- Leading Lights of The Yiddish Revival Discuss Its 40-Year Evolution (3/11/2021) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival offers a unique discussion of Yiddish with Dara Horn and other distinguished guests. Continue Reading
- Annual Ritual Celebration of Cinema Observed at Home Starting Today (3/10/2021) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival, March 10-21, finds us reclining at home beginning today. Continue Reading
- “Are We a Pluralistic Country?” – Beth Ami 2nd Shabbat Speaker (3/10/2021) - Please join us in welcoming Paul Golin, Executive Director of the Society for Humanistic Judaism, to our “2nd Friday Shabbat”, this Friday, March 12. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC and JFS Boulder Partner on Two End-of-Life Programs (3/8/2021) - Boulder JCC and JFS Boulder present two virtual lunch and learns on end-of-life issues, one in March and one in April. Continue Reading