Shabbat shalom! Tisha B’Av, the Ninth of Av, is the day the Jewish people commemorate our people’s disasters, most notably the destruction of the First and Second Temples in Jerusalem several hundred years apart. Tisha B’Av begins Saturday night, and the Boulder County Center for Judaism provided this summary for us today.
Stay cool, stay safe, stay healthy!
- Lauren Boebert and Her Pal: Living Their Own Holocaust? (7/15/2021) - U.S. Reps. Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene must be seeking vindication. Few Americans appreciate the suffering they endured during the past year or more – perhaps especially a resident of Boulder who works out of Room 136 on 200 E. Colfax Avenue in Denver, the location of the state Capitol building. Continue Reading
- From Boulder to the Springs: Jewish Organizations Awarded “Anything Grants” (7/11/2021) - For the fourth consecutive year, JEWISHcolorado is awarding $50,000 in Staenberg Family Foundation “Anything Grants,” to Jewish organizations statewide for numerous projects and programs, ranging from micro grants for Jewish teen programming to perennial gardens for seniors, and from capital projects to diversity, equity, and inclusion programs. Continue Reading
- Tisha B’Av in a Nutshell (7/15/2021) - Tisha B'av, the saddest day in Jewish history, the day that both Temples were destroyed, starts this Saturday night, July 17, beginning at 8:27 pm. Continue Reading
- Tisha B’Av: Jews and Aspen (7/15/2021) - Tisha B’Av was once a universally observed commemoration of disasters befalling the Jewish People. Nowadays, the fast is undertaken by perhaps 10% of the tribe. That in itself is reason to mourn. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts Shabbat in the Park (7/15/2021) - The Boulder JCC will host Shabbat in the Park in Erie for families with children of all ages on Friday, July 23. Continue Reading
- JFS Boulder Seeks Friendly Visitor Volunteers (7/15/2021) - You can enhance an aging adult’s life (and your own) by providing warmth and companionship, and sharing common interests, hobbies, outings, and conversation. Continue Reading
- Thursday: Medicare 101 Virtual Event Presented by JFS Boulder (7/12/2021) - Our Medicare presentation provides an educational overview of the Medicare basics. Learn more about Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans, prescription drug coverage, and available resources in Boulder County Area Agency on Aging. Continue Reading
- Take A Hike! (with the Beth Ami Congregation for Humanistic Judaism) (7/12/2021) - Are you wondering about all the fuss regarding the CU Boulder South Campus and its future? Let’s take a look and enjoy the great open space and expansive views. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: