Shabbat shalom! Purim is coming… it starts the night of February 25th. But before Purim… is JFest. More information is coming.
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm.
- Boulder JCC Hosts Blood Drive on March 3 (2/4/2021) - Donate at the Boulder JCC/Vitalant blood drive on Wednesday, March 3. Blood donation is a critical and necessary health care activity. It is vital we keep our blood supply strong. Continue Reading
- Column: Anti-Semitism Watch: A Pox on Both Parties (2/4/2021) - U.S. Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene and Rashida Tlaib – each crazy in their own ways – deserve each other. None of us deserve this pair turning Capitol Hill into a psych ward. Nor do we deserve the thoughtless and senseless response of both Democrats and Republicans. Continue Reading
- JScreen Promotes Jewish Genetic Screening Awareness Week, February 1 – 5 (2/1/2021) - JScreen announced plans for the annual Jewish Genetic Screening Awareness Week (JGSAW), taking place February 1 – February 5, 2021. Continue Reading
- This Weekend at Nevei Kodesh, February 5-6 (2/4/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- A Contemplative Life Scan for Parashat Yitro (2/2/2021) - In honor of Monte’s 65th birthday, he led a 30-minute meditation sit for the Institute for Jewish Spirituality (IJS) Monday. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Purim with the Boulder JCC (2/1/2021) - The Boulder JCC has a number of Purim programs and opportunities for you to get in the spirit of the holiday. Find out more! Continue Reading
- Sterling Hammer-Cadora & Toby Spielman B’nai Mitzvah (2/1/2021) - On Saturday, February 6th, 2021, Sterling Hammer-Cadora & Toby Spielman will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Coloradan’s Film Featured in Denver Jewish Film Festival (2/4/2021) - The 25th annual Denver Jewish Film Festival kicks off on Monday, February 8, and this year will feature "Upheaval: The Journey of Menachem Begin," a film executive produced by Coloradan, Rob Schwartz. Continue Reading
- Boulder Jewish Film Festival Offers National Audiences a Unique Retrospective Honoring Filmmaker Pierre Sauvage (2/2/2021) - Pierre Sauvage serves as artist in residence during his week-long virtual visit to the Boulder Jewish Film Festival. Continue Reading
- Learn to Bake Amazingly Delicious Hamantaschen (2/4/2021) - Please join us, Sunday, Feb 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pm, to celebrate Purim and learn to make the world's best hamantaschen! Storyteller and life long baker Renée Brachfeld will guide us in making world’s best Hamantaschen (In your own kitchen! From scratch!), with the added treat of music and merriment provided by the inimitable Rabbi… Continue Reading