Shabbat shalom and Purim sameach! Purim is here! Have a great day.
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm!
- Potbellied Pig Rescue and Hate Groups: Charities Aiding the “Public Good?” (2/25/2021) - The charity “deal” in the U.S. goes something like this: Nonprofit organizations are established and approved because they perform a service that is thought to be good for society, often relieving government from performing those same functions. Continue Reading
- Column: Murder at Capitol Hill? (2/25/2021) - Four decades ago, when she was president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, Dianne Feinstein stumbled onto a crime scene down the hall from her City Hall office. Could a similar event happen today in Washington, DC? Continue Reading
- Reflecting on the Boulder JCC’s Reflections and JFest (2/23/2021) - Susan Rona explains why the Boulder Jewish Community Center is so important to her, her family, and the Boulder community. Please join her on February 24 for the JCC’s fundraising drive. All donations will be matched up to $100,000. Continue Reading
- Purim + Sleepaway Camp = Fun (2/21/2021) - Join the Colorado Jewish overnight camps and Adventure Rabbi Kids for an evening of Purim fun Wednesday night, February 24! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- The 9th Boulder Jewish Film Festival Boasts a Bevy of International Guests (2/25/2021) - The focus will be on in-depth discussion with filmmakers and experts as we come together virtually for cinema and conversation. Continue Reading
- LitFest is Back at the Boulder JCC (2/22/2021) - LitFest presents six new author talks in the next month. Check them out! Continue Reading
- Community Service Events at the Boulder JCC (2/25/2021) - Food drive through 2/28, and a Blood Drive next week. Find our more... Continue Reading
- Get A Taste of Israel with Chefs Alon Shaya and Liliana Myers of Safta (2/22/2021) - Hear James Beard Award-winning chef Alon Shaya discuss his culinary journey, from Israel to America and back again, while his partner in dine, Safta chef Liliana Myers demonstrates how to make authentic Israeli stuffed grape leaves. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Panel Discussion: Physical, Mental Health and Working From Home (2/21/2021) - How are you doing with the challenges associated with working from home? On Wednesday, February 24, the Boulder JCC’s Nosh & Network group will host a panel discussion on how these challenges may be affecting us and what we can do about them. Continue Reading