Shabbat shalom! Purim is coming… it starts the night of February 25th. Information on local celebrations can be found on our Purim page.
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm!
- Israeli Air Force Pilots Share Thrill of Flying, Lessons Learned At New Online Flight Simulator Center of Excellence (2/18/2021) - The Squadron, the only air force simulator program with Israeli fighter pilots as instructors, announced the launch of their live, online center of excellence. Continue Reading
- Column: A “More Pro-Israel President” Could Never Be Impeached (2/18/2021) - You know something is wrong with the impeachment rule when Israel and Nazi show trials are injected into the debate. Continue Reading
- OLLI Online – Spring 2021 Registration Opens Feb 22 (2/17/2021) - OLLI Online is now preparing for the Spring 2021 registration period, which will open on Monday, February 22, 2021. Spring term classes will start the week of March 29, 2021. Continue Reading
- Purim Out Of the Box (2/18/2021) - This year, at Boulder Center for Judaism, we had to use out-of-the-box thinking to come up with Purim Celebration ideas. Take advantage of these options we have available to make your Purim safe, and joyous. Continue Reading
- This Weekend at Nevei Kodesh, February 19-20 (2/18/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- National Refugee Shabbat – March 5-6 (2/18/2021) - On March 5-6, 2021, Congregation Har HaShem will join over 300 congregations nationwide to participate in HIAS’ National Refugee Shabbat, a Shabbat experience dedicated to supporting refugees and asylum seekers. Continue Reading
- JCC Denver Celebrates Purim – Virtually (2/18/2021) - The Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) will be celebrating the Jewish holiday of Purim with a family-friendly "Drag Story Hour" and a Hamantaschen baking demo. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Purim with Food Drive, Baking Hamantaschen (2/17/2021) - The Boulder JCC has a number of Purim programs and opportunities for you to get in the spirit of the holiday. Family Fun Leah Boonin and Caroline Saliman will tell the story of Purim with music and special surprises in 20 minutes or less on Sunday, February 21 at 1:30 pm. This Purim Shpiel will… Continue Reading
- A Dream Fulfilled: Finally A Full-Fledged IDF Soldier! (2/14/2021) - February is Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance and Inclusion Month, a time to spread the word about inclusion issues and celebrate the many, varied contributions of people with disabilities to the Israeli workforce and society. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Judith Dack Returns to Curate Two Programs of Shorts Opening the Boulder Jewish Film Festival (2/17/2021) - Two programs of short films will be shown live, on March 10 and 11 at 2 and 7 pm, with breaks between shorts for audience discussion. Continue Reading
- Safta Offers “Dinner and a Movie” Meal for Denver Jewish Film Festival, Through February 17 (2/14/2021) - Safta is offering a "Dinner and a Movie" package for The Denver Jewish Film Festival through February 17 that includes tahini hummus, labneh, lutenitsa, falafel, harissa roasted half chicken and four pita for $65. Continue Reading
- Jewish Acappella Group Leads Havdallah for Adventure Judaism (2/18/2021) - On March 6, 2021, Pizmon, a New York based Acappella group, will be leading a Havdallah service and concert for the Adventure Judaism Community. Continue Reading
- Hadassah to Hold Star-Studded Global Gala (2/14/2021) - will present “Coming Together to Heal Our World,” a virtual global benefit for Hadassah Hospitals, to be broadcast on Sunday, February 21. Continue Reading