Shabbat shalom! Congratulations from all of us to Jackie Sprinces Wong of Boulder, who has been named the recipient of the Jewish Federations of North America’s Kipnis Award!
Last week, I asked if you have any suggestions you’d like to share around where to have (or order in) dinner on the 24th or 25th, to please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. So far, we’ve gotten an invitation from the Boulder County Center for Judaism, and from Miraim Paisner, “any CHINESE restaurant and maybe Korean or Thai as well. I like JIN CHANG ZANG on Valmont and 28th or CHINA GOURMET in North Boulder.” Make sure that if you go out, you follow masking guidelines — Omicron is here!
Have a great weekend everyone, and stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy!
- JEWISHcolorado & Federation Honor Jackie Sprinces Wong with Kipnis Award (12/16/2021) - “This is my bling.” Jackie Sprinces Wong is referring to all of the nametags and trip credentials she’s saved from 13 Federation missions to Israel, numerous trips to Jewish communities around the world, and 19 of the past 20 annual Jewish Federation of North America (JFNA) Lion of Judah conferences. Continue Reading
- Longmont Shabbat Group Consecrates First Jewish Cemetery in Longmont (12/16/2021) - On October 24, 2021, we held the Rabbinic Consecration Ceremony for the new Jewish section of Foothills Gardens of Memory cemetery. Continue Reading
- A Troubling 80th Anniversary: When FDR Appeased Vichy (12/16/2021) - Eighty years ago this month, two tiny French islands near Nova Scotia and Maine briefly became the center of international controversy when De Gaulle’s Free French liberated them—and President Franklin D. Roosevelt demanded that they be given back to the pro-Nazi Vichy French. Continue Reading
- Column: Iran’s Bomb vs. Conventional War: Can We Avoid Both? (12/16/2021) - It is alarming, if not surprising, that Israeli and American officials are clashing over whether to revive a nuclear-arms deal with Iran or initiate military action. Continue Reading
- Boulder Agencies Among JEWISHcolorado Grant Recipients (12/14/2021) - JEWISHcolorado is awarding grants to more than 30 Jewish nonprofits and schools as part of the organization’s annual Projects of Impact & Need (PIN) grants program. Continue Reading
- Letter: “Islamophobia” Does Not Equal Antisemitism (12/14/2021) - Bruce Ticker is correct to condemn Democratic Representative Ilan Omar's hypocrisy in which she cries "islamophobia" to obfuscate her foundational antisemitism. ("Omar's Words For Boebert...of Hypocrisy", BJN 12/9/21). Continue Reading
- JFS Para-Chaplain Work: Full of Surprising Encounters and Rewarding Opportunities (12/16/2021) - Being a JFS para-chaplain lets Joe use his skills and dreams to connect with people he always found interesting. “Every experience leads to surprising encounters and opportunities.” Continue Reading
- Shabbat Dinner Friday Night December 24! (12/16/2021) - We warmly welcome you to cap your week with a magical Friday Night Out with the Boulder Center for Judaism. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts JEWISHcolorado Christmas Mitzvah Project (12/14/2021) - The Boulder JCC is proud to be a host site for the JEWISHcolorado Christmas Mitzvah Project program on Wednesday, December 22, 2021. Read on to find out more. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: