Shabbat shalom! With Chanukah done, it has gotten kind of quiet. But, our readers are still active!
Reader Barb Steinmetz pointed out that with “West Side Story” opening today, there is a great piece in Kveller about all the Jewish connections to the original “West Side Story” as well as the new version.
Since its conception, Jewish creators, themes and music have been instrumental in “West Side Story.” Jewish composers, lyricists and directors (many with serious clout) have played integral roles in the musical’s success, and continue to take leadership today. Here are 11 Jewish facts about “West Side Story.”Maddy Albert in Kveller, December 9, 2021
If you have any suggestions you’d like to share around where to have (or order in) dinner on the 24th or 25th, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll include them in a post that week.
Have a great weekend everyone, and stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy!
- Column: Omar’s Words For Boebert…Of Hypocrisy (12/9/2021) - Says U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, “Words can cause violence.” The Minneapolis Democrat was referring to the words of Rep. Lauren Boebert, who represents much of western and southern Colorado. Omar could have been referring to her own words – words like “the evil doings of Israel,” “the apartheid Israeli regime” and “all about the Benjamins”… Continue Reading
- Save the Date for the JFS Executive Luncheon with Amy Schumer (12/8/2021) - Join Jewish Family Service (JFS) for lunch and laughs, featuring Emmy and Peabody Award winning Jewish comedian, actress, writer, producer, director, mother, advocate, and caregiver, Amy Schumer. Continue Reading
- International Student Team Wins First Place at Jerusalem College of Technology Men’s Hackathon (12/8/2021) - A team of three Jerusalem College of Technology (JCT) students, two of which are from France and Brazil, took home first place last week at the 6th annual Jerusalem College of Technology (JCT) Great Minds Hackathon when they developed an advanced software to better locate equipment. Continue Reading
- Celebrating Hannukah at Boulder as an Israeli! (12/9/2021) - I have been a Shinshinit with JEWISHColorado for almost four months now, and I can tell you that when I ask the people I engage with what their favorite holiday is, most of the time, the answer is, “Hanukkah,” which is why I was very excited to celebrate my first Hanukkah here. Continue Reading
- Speed Network Virtually with Nosh & Network and the Boulder JCC Next Week (12/8/2021) - Our next Speed Networking program is on Tuesday, December 14 at 4:00 pm. Talk for a minute, listen for a minute, exchange information, and then move to the next person! Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: