Shabbat shalom! It appears that spring is trying to hold on in Boulder and Colorado — the Boulder Farmers’ Market is back on Saturdays and the weather is warming up.
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. All residents of Colorado over the age of 16 are eligible to be vaccinated. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public spaces and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy!
- Pandemic Puts Nonprofits in Peril: What Donors Can Do (4/8/2021) - The COVID-19 pandemic has had a crushing impact on the nonprofit sector that employs about 14% of the U.S. workforce, nearly half of which works for nonprofit hospitals and universities. The remaining half, working mostly for smaller and under- or un-endowed entities, has been severely impacted. Continue Reading
- Column: Mississippi Senator Is False Witness To Sabbath Sojourn For Voters (4/8/2021) - Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith, a Mississippi Republican, scores zero for two so far on the facts. She falsely claims that Sunday is the Sabbath besides Saturday and, far more importantly, that our civil rights revolve around religious beliefs. Continue Reading
- JTree Raises Over 100,000 Saplings (4/6/2021) - It's Spring, and JTREE USA has raised approximately $102,319 - that translates into 102,319 saplings! Thank You! Continue Reading
- Pesach and Yom HaShoah Call Us To Take Action on Behalf of the Uyghur People (4/5/2021) - Nissan is a month of remembrance and observance. On this Wednesday evening, we sit together in sadness and grief as we collectively observe Yom HaZikaron laShoah, Holocaust Memorial Day, to recall the genocide of our six million brethren. Continue Reading
- JFS and Community Foundation Boulder County Partner to Offer Counseling Sessions (4/5/2021) - In response to multiple tragic events over the last year, Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) and Community Foundation Boulder County have partnered to offer counseling services to Boulder County residents. Continue Reading
- “It Started With Words” – Holocaust Survivors Give Stunning Testimonies To Mark Holocaust Remembrance Day (4/8/2021) - Before local anti-Jewish laws were enacted, before neighborhood shops and synagogues were destroyed, and before Jews were forced into ghettos, cattle cars, and camps, words were used to stoke the fires of hate. #ItStartedWithWords is a digital, Holocaust education campaign posting weekly videos of survivors from around the world reflecting on those moments that led… Continue Reading
- This Shabbat at Nevei Kodesh, April 9-10 (4/8/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Levi Nichols & Charlotte Greenberg B’nai Mitzvah (4/6/2021) - On Saturday, April 10th, 2021, Levi Nichols and Charlotte Greenberg will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Live Tonight: Cook Along with Chef Einat Admony (4/7/2021) - The JCC Mizel Arts and Culture Center is hosting its last featured event through it’s Neustadt JAAMM Festival for the season with Israeli chef, cookbook author, and restaurateur of NYC’s Balaboosta and NYC/Washington D.C.’s Taim, Chef Einat Admony, who will be joining the community virtually for a cook-along. Continue Reading
- Holocaust Remembrance Day – Dr. Fauci Being Honored, Miri Ben Ari Performs – Watch Live April 7 (4/5/2021) - On April 7th, the eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day in the Jewish calendar, International March of the Living, along with special partners, will hold a special symposium on “Medicine and Morality: Lessons from the Holocaust and COVID-19”. Continue Reading