Shabbat shalom and Happy Birthday to the State of Israel!
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. All residents of Colorado over the age of 16 are eligible to be vaccinated. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public spaces and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy!
- Registration Is Open for Tuv Ha’Aretz, Boulder’s Jewish CSA (4/15/2021) - The 12th season of Tuv Ha’Aretz (“good for the earth” and “good from the earth” in Hebrew) will begin May 18th. Our local partner Red Wagon Farm will provide 23 weeks of delicious, wholesome veggies through October 21st. Continue Reading
- Is Suicide a Jewish Problem? (4/15/2021) - Ten years ago, I lost my 16-year-old son Jesse, to suicide and I wrote an article for the Boulder Jewish News, about the loss, the community response, and some things people could do to support suicide prevention efforts. At the time, I didn’t really care whether suicide was a “Jewish Issue” that belonged in this… Continue Reading
- Column: Arab Refugee Aid Could Endanger Israelis (4/15/2021) - Certainly the refugees should be helped, but it is bothersome that the Arab nations have done little or nothing for them. Continue Reading
- Prince Philip and My Dad (4/15/2021) - It is hard to believe that we are approaching the fifth anniversary of my father Alan’s death, and I believe that in some way his soul is still sailing. Continue Reading
- Haver Calls For Action In Support Of Uyghurs In China (4/12/2021) - Once again, we find ourselves called to action to speak out against genocide, religious persecution, and human rights offenses. The plight of the Uyghur Muslims in China is one of the most abominable crises affecting our world today. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh, April 16-21 (4/15/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Hannah Burdette Bat Mitzvah (4/12/2021) - On Saturday, April 17th, 2021, Hannah Burdette will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Learn How to Make Two Healthy Chocolate Desserts (4/15/2021) - Join the Boulder JCC’s Women of the J (WOTJ) on Monday evening, April 19 for a virtual evening of cooking, chatting, and fun! Continue Reading