Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- A New Clock for a New Year (9/24/2020) - “Teach us to number our days; thus we become wise of heart.” (Psalms 90:12) The Climate Clock launched this week in Manhattan intends to do just that: teach us to number our days. Continue Reading
- A Tale Of Two Journeys (To Israel, From Colorado) (9/21/2020) - On August 10, twin sisters Pearl and Heidi “Tamar” Clayman from Colorado decided to take the plunge and turn Israel from a favorite vacation destination to home sweet home. Continue Reading
- Need an Etrog? It’s Almost Sukkot 5781/2020 (9/24/2020) - Whether you have your own Sukkah or not, you can still have your own lulav and etrog and do the mitzvah of shaking them in the prescribed directions each day. Continue Reading
- Boulder JTree Hands-On Group Activity (9/21/2020) - Join Boulder JTree, The National Forest Foundation and Colorado Field of Office of The Nature Conservancy and help replant our forests. Volunteers are needed for a home-based activity. Continue Reading
- High Holiday Service Video from Jewish Family Service (9/21/2020) - JFS has created a High Holiday video service for use by anyone during the COVID-19 pandemic. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Author Talk: Linda Kass, “A Ritchie Boy” (9/24/2020) - Tuesday, October 6, 6:00 - 7:00 pmPresented by ACE at the Boulder JCCIn conversation with Judge Murray Richtel Inspired by her father’s life, Linda Kass shares the little-known account of the Ritchie Boys. The Ritchie Boys were a group of primarily German-speaking, Jewish immigrants who worked in US Army Intelligence and helped the Allies win… Continue Reading
- God’s Voice is Between the Sounds (9/24/2020) - A new poem by Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – September 25 – October 2 (9/24/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Unique High Holiday Services and Classes This Week at Nevei Kodesh (9/24/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us this week virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Creative Days of Awe at Bonai (9/21/2020) - Zoom Tashlich, Shabbat Shuvah, Virtual Break-the-Fast? After a successful and meaningful virtual Rosh HaShanah, Congregation Bonai Shalom is ready to continue offering creative ways to connect spiritually and reflect with our community. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: