Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Older Boulder Love (8/11/2022) - Some people like to talk about mountains they've climbed, or countries they have visited, or books they have read. I like to talk about how people fall in love. Continue Reading
- Exclusive ADL Event in Boulder (8/9/2022) - Please join us on Monday, August 29, 2022, at the Boulder JCC for a snack and an exclusive opportunity to meet with George Selim, ADL Senior Vice-President, National Affairs. Continue Reading
- Experience JFS Boulder (8/4/2022) - JFS is hosting its annual fundraiser, Experience JFS Boulder, Sunday, September 11. Sponsor now, tickets soon! Continue Reading
- Celebrate SIPP 2022! (7/21/2022) - We are excited to announce our first in-person event since 2019! Our outdoor Celebrate SIPP 2022 event will feature brief presentations by Lindsey Zemler, the Sustainability Coordinator for SIPP mini-grant recipient Eastern Mediterranean International School (EMIS), and SIPP's newest Board member Nidal Allis, the president and CEO at Techno Rescue. Continue Reading
- Shalom Boulder – Get Connected to the Jewish Community! (7/18/2022) - Meet your neighbors and learn more about the thriving local Jewish community at this free outdoor gathering at the Boulder JCC on Wednesday, August 3! Continue Reading
- B’nai Brith Colorado to Host Denver Jewish Golf Tourney (7/18/2022) - The 6th Annual Denver Jewish Golf Tournament, hosted by B’nai B’rith Colorado to benefit the programs of B’nai B’rith Colorado and the Denver Jewish Chamber of Commerce, will be on Monday, August 15th, 2022. Continue Reading
- Nosh & Network Night Out at DV8 Distillery (7/14/2022) - This event is the perfect opportunity to get involved in this ever-growing group of local professionals while enjoying light appetizers and craft cocktails (cash bar - 1x BOGO with ticket) featuring DV8’s renowned flights of flavorful spirit infusions. Continue Reading
- Solar Power: How The Jewish Community Can Plug In! (7/7/2022) - On July 14th, join Ekar and Colorado Jewish Climate Action at the Denver JCC to learn how the Jewish community can plug into solar power! Continue Reading
- Manage Stress Through Mindful Movement at the Boulder JCC (6/29/2022) - The Boulder JCC is offering two opportunities this July to clear your mind, develop a new practice, connect with others, and get your blood flowing. No experience is necessary to be a part of these programs! Continue Reading
- Taste Fine (Kosher) Israeli Whiskey with the Boulder JCC (6/20/2022) - Join us at the Boulder JCC on July 14 for the Milk & Honey (M&H) Whiskey Tasting, listening to sommelier, Brian Dvoret, tell the remarkable story of the young Israelis who started a distillery in the last place you would expect, hot and humid Tel Aviv! Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Host Bike to Work Day Breakfast Station (6/12/2022) - The Boulder JCC will be providing breakfast snacks and festivities between 6:30 - 9:00 am, so stop and celebrate your sustainable transportation choice! Continue Reading
- Pick Up Your ARK Sunday at the Boulder Jewish Festival (6/9/2022) - Due to the chaos going on in the world, we decided to distribute ARKs at the Festival. Arks are giving boxes. ARK stands for Acts of Random Kindness. Stop by the Boulder County Center for Judaism's booth at the Boulder Jewish Festival this Sunday! Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Host “This Is [Not] Who We Are” Documentary Screening and Discussion (6/9/2022) - Boulder, Colorado, prides itself on being beautiful, welcoming, and inclusive. However, in 2019, racially-charged and dangerous policing involving a Black university student made national news. The documentary film, "This Is [Not] Who We Are," explores the gap between Boulder’s self-image and the more complex lived experiences—both historical and contemporary—of its Black citizens. Continue Reading
- Boulder Jewish Festival and Boulder Pride Share Downtown Boulder for Celebrations on June 12 (6/7/2022) - This Sunday, June 12, the Boulder Jewish Festival will be held in front of the Courthouse on the Pearl Street Mall, and the Pride Festival will take place in Boulder Central Park and the Boulder Bandshell (1212 Canyon Blvd). Continue Reading
- All Ages Are Welcome at Boulder JTree Volunteer Day at Cal-Wood (5/25/2022) - On June 26, Milk and Honey Farm at the Boulder JCC is proud to partner with Boulder JTree to help reforest areas burned in the Calwood Fire in 2020. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: