Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Black, Jewish & Queer: Navigating Judaism with Multiple Identities & Building Bridges (11/21/2021) - Rabbi Sandra Lawson will be in-person at the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) on Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. talking about her identities and how they connect to Judaism Continue Reading
- Boulder Hadassah Presents: “Lessons Learned from COVID 19” (11/14/2021) - On Tuesday, November 30, 2021, Dianne Gottlieb, Hadassah National Board Member and HWZOA Hadassah Medical Organization Chair, will share insights from Hadassah Hospital in Israel, on lessons learned from COVID 19. Continue Reading
- Peace Talk on Tuesday for Clean Speech Colorado (11/11/2021) - Fear or Faith? Which one fills a restless heart with peace? Peace is like hand-blown glass, hard to form, but so easy to break. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC To Host Annual Ilona Irene Rosenschein Holocaust Education Lecture With Author David Nasaw (11/11/2021) - Join us in person on December 12 with author David Nasaw as he discusses his latest book, "The Last Million," which tells the little-known saga of the one million refugees left behind in Germany after WWII. Continue Reading
- Choosing Justice: Bringing Tikkun Olam Home to our Communities Program #3 (11/4/2021) - In this, the third program in the series, Ilana Kaufman will share findings from Beyond the Count, the latest research commissioned by the Jews of Color Initiative. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC’s Nosh & Network Speed Networking Program Moves To Tuesdays (11/4/2021) - The Boulder JCC’s Nosh & Network group hosts monthly virtual Speed Networking events on the second Tuesday of every month at 4 pm. Continue Reading
- Celebrate a Humanistic Shabbat with Beth Ami Congregation (11/2/2021) - Relax with a glass of wine, light two candles, take a bite of challah (or carb substitute) and have a Humanistic Jewish schmooze with Beth Ami - Colorado Congregation for Humanistic Judaism. Continue Reading
- Mountain States ADL Supports New Course on Anti-Semitism (10/28/2021) - Beginning November 2nd, Chabad centers in Colorado Including Longmont and Westminster will offer a four-week, Jewish Learning Institute (JLI) course titled Outsmarting Antisemitism. Mountain States ADL will be enhancing this groundbreaking course by offering a special insider briefing on “Current Trends in Antisemitism and What to do About Them” for anyone enrolled in the class… Continue Reading
- CU Boulder Program in Jewish Studies Offers Webinar Concert on Traditional Klezmer Music (10/25/2021) - Join Cookie Segelstein and Josh Horowitz, who will demonstrate and talk about the styles, historical curiosities and techniques of traditional klezmer music. Continue Reading
- Choosing Justice: Bringing Tikkun Olam Home to Our Communities (10/21/2021) - On Sunday, join Rabbi Dr. Tirzah Firestone in a virtual conversation with leaders at the forefront of racial justice, collective healing, and change-making in our communities. We will learn about opportunities for critical reflection on issues of race, religion, and identity. Continue Reading
- RSVP for Brunch and Learn This Sunday! (10/21/2021) - Chany Scheiner of Boulder Center for Judaism is offering a stimulating Torah class for women this Sunday, and November 7th. Continue Reading
- The Great Big Challah Bake is Back at the Boulder JCC! (10/18/2021) - If you are a weekly challah baker, or if you have never baked one before, you are welcome to participate in one of these amazing, powerful, and inspiring programs happening November 3 through November 14. Continue Reading
- Boulder Jewish Networking Group Open for Business (10/14/2021) - Nosh & Network has been meeting continuously throughout the pandemic with a free virtual Speed Networking session once a month. This 90-minute program meets on the second Tuesday of each month, from 4 - 5:30 pm, with the next gathering scheduled for November 9. Continue Reading
- New(ish) To Boulder – Get Connected to Your Community! (10/14/2021) - Whether you moved to Boulder a few weeks or a few years ago, join us for the next New(ish) to Boulder Zoom Calls on Friday, October 22 and Friday, November 5. Continue Reading
- Adventure Rabbi Teens To Visit Pumpkin Patch with Beth Lipschutz (10/11/2021) - Meet the Adventure Rabbi Teen Group on Sunday, October 17th at the 7th Generation Farm Pumpkin Patch in Louisville to enjoy a hay bale maze & mountain, pedal car races, petting farm animals, and pick your own pumpkin. RSVP by Thursday, October 14th. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: