Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- CU Lecture on Religious Zionism: History, Impact, Relevance (2/8/2023) - The CU Program in Jewish Studies is hosting a public lecture on February 15th by Professor Kimmy Caplan of Bar-Ilan University on Religious Zionism and its importance to understanding Israeli society. Continue Reading
- Team CBE Israel Ride 2023 Group Forming Now (2/8/2023) - Team CBE, the official Israel Ride cycling cohort from Congregation Beth Evergreen (CBE), will host an organizational and information meeting on Thursday evening, February 16. Continue Reading
- Judaism Your Way Announces New Series “Unlearning Jewish Anxiety” (2/5/2023) - Do you ever wonder how life might be different if you felt less anxious? Continue Reading
- The Jewish View of Death and Burial, Presented by BCJ and BJCC (2/2/2023) - On Thursday, February 16th, we invite you to join us for an unexpectedly upbeat event that will demystify this important subject. Continue Reading
- DATE CHANGE – Jonathan Lev Hosts Talk About Jewish Life in Poland – TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7 (1/31/2023) - On Tuesday, February 7, Boulder JCC Executive Director Jonathan Lev shares the story of his participation in the 2022 JCC Krakow Ride for the Living. The Ride for the Living is a three-day experience in Poland that combines Holocaust education with a powerful 60-mile bike ride from the gates of Auschwitz-Birkenau to the JCC in… Continue Reading
- Beth Ami Presents: Repro (Reproductive Rights) Shabbat – Humanistically (1/31/2023) - Beth Ami, in association with the National Council of Jewish Women-Colorado, presents its annual Repro Shabbat program. This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, February 4, 2023. Continue Reading
- Women of the J Presents: Exceptional Women Series with Margaret Galvin Johnson (1/30/2023) - Women of the J, a program of the Boulder JCC, welcomes Margaret Galvin Johnson, as part of their Exceptional Women Speaker Series on Wednesday, February 8, 2023. Continue Reading
- Jonathan Lev Hosts Talk About Jewish Life in Poland (1/29/2023) - Boulder JCC Executive Director Jonathan Lev shares the story of his participation in the 2022 JCC Krakow Ride for the Living. The Ride for the Living is a three-day experience in Poland that combines Holocaust education with a powerful 60-mile bike ride from the gates of Auschwitz-Birkenau to the JCC in Krakow, Poland. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosting Tu B’shevat Seder: Of the Earth (1/23/2023) - The 15th of the Hebrew month Shevat celebrates the New Year of the Trees. This year we invite the community to experience a Tu B'Shevat seder that explores what trees, forests, and eco-systems teach us as earthlings about our consumption, waste, and economy! Continue Reading
- “Men of the J” Kick-off Event January 26 (1/19/2023) - The Boulder JCC and the Boulder Jewish Men's Group are thrilled to announce our new group - Men of the J. Please join us for our first event to learn more about this new group on Thursday, January 26. Continue Reading
- Men of the J Start Men’s Issues Discussion Group (1/19/2023) - We are establishing a men's issues discussion group here as part of the Men of the J program. This is an opportunity for those men who see this as valuable, to start what we anticipate will be a multi-year journey of reflection, sharing, and gaining insight into ourselves and the other participants. Continue Reading
- Actor Liev Schreiber to Speak at JEWISHcolorado’s Signature Event (1/19/2023) - JEWISHcolorado is excited to present its signature fundraising event featuring Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated actor and philanthropist, Liev Schreiber, on February 22, 2023, at Ball Arena in Downtown Denver 6-9 pm. Continue Reading
- Warm Up This Winter with a Soup(er) Social! (1/19/2023) - There is a lot of comfort and warmth to be found in a bowl of soup. Imagine how much comfort you will find as you sample many different soups at the Women of the J are Soup Social and Cook-Off on February 22nd at the Boulder JCC, a special event taking place as part of… Continue Reading
- One Year After Colleyville, SCN+ to Host Webinar on Surviving Hostage Situations (1/17/2023) - Event on January 19 to Include Hostage Survivor, Former FBI Agents, and Panel of Safety and Security Experts. Continue Reading
- Begin the Year Helping Others (1/17/2023) - Women of the J Mitzvah Night is an intergenerational program where we come together to work on different projects that will support the program participants in the Women’s Bean Project. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: