Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Bake Challah Together and Build Community at the Great Big Virtual Challah Bake (10/27/2020) - Join us from your own kitchen and bake along with others during the Boulder JCC’s Great Big Virtual Challah Bake presented by Women of the J. Continue Reading
- American Jews and the State of Israel: As One or Divided? (10/26/2020) - A Zoom with Natan Sharansky and Gil Troy in conversation with Jonathan Sarna and Shirley Idelson, based on the book "Never Alone." Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Nosh & Network Panel Discussion: Pivot Business To Possibility (10/22/2020) - On Wednesday, October 28 the Boulder JCC will host a panel discussion on the ways in which COVID-19 required businesses to revisit the way their work is done, including reassessing, reshaping, and refocusing. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh 10/23-10/29 (10/22/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 23-30 (10/22/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- See “Children of the Inquisition” Online and Join Discussion (10/19/2020) - Temple Aaron of Trinidad, Colorado will be screening the documentary film "Children of the Inquisition" in an online event Saturday, October 24, 2020, followed by a panel discussion. Continue Reading
- Announcing “Amplifying Voices” Series in Partnership with Tucson JCC (10/15/2020) - The first program in the series features Marc Dollinger speaking about his book, "Black Power, Jewish Politics: Reinventing the Alliance of the 1960s," followed by a Q&A opportunity with Drs. Jerome Dotson and Gil Ribak. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 16-23 (10/15/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Presents 2020 Symposium on Spirituality and the Environment (10/15/2020) - Congregation Har HaShem is pleased to invite you to our Symposium on Spirituality and the Environment on Sunday, November 8. Continue Reading
- Managing Adult Emotions in Challenging Times Featuring Rosalind Wiseman (10/14/2020) - During this time of uncertainty and the anxiety that ensues, Rosalind will discuss how we can better manage our emotions so that we can maintain healthy relationships in all aspects of our lives. October 20th via Zoom. Continue Reading
- Hadassah Presents Readings from “We Are Going To Be Lucky” (10/14/2020) - Meet Liz Fox and her husband, Sid, as they read excerpts from the WWII letters between her mom and dad. The Zoom presentation on Friday, October 16 is co-sponsored by Boulder Hadassah and the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Join JFS Boulder for a Virtual Event October 21 (10/11/2020) - You are invited to a free virtual event where we will be announcing the details of the reinvented JFS Boulder fundraising event! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 9-16 (10/8/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts 9Health Express Fair This Fall (10/6/2020) - The Boulder JCC is proud to partner with 9Health Fair and CU Anschutz to offer a 9Health Express Fair (low-cost bloodwork only) on Sunday, October 18. Continue Reading
- Plague and Quarantine: Past and Present Israel/Palestine Webinar Series – Two Programs (10/6/2020) - CU Program in Jewish Studies presents two Zoom webinars in their series Past and Present Israel and Palestine on October 22 and October 27. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: