Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Boulder Jewish Networking Group Open for Business (10/14/2021) - Nosh & Network has been meeting continuously throughout the pandemic with a free virtual Speed Networking session once a month. This 90-minute program meets on the second Tuesday of each month, from 4 - 5:30 pm, with the next gathering scheduled for November 9. Continue Reading
- New(ish) To Boulder – Get Connected to Your Community! (10/14/2021) - Whether you moved to Boulder a few weeks or a few years ago, join us for the next New(ish) to Boulder Zoom Calls on Friday, October 22 and Friday, November 5. Continue Reading
- Adventure Rabbi Teens To Visit Pumpkin Patch with Beth Lipschutz (10/11/2021) - Meet the Adventure Rabbi Teen Group on Sunday, October 17th at the 7th Generation Farm Pumpkin Patch in Louisville to enjoy a hay bale maze & mountain, pedal car races, petting farm animals, and pick your own pumpkin. RSVP by Thursday, October 14th. Continue Reading
- Join the Boulder JCC in Honoring Indigenous Peoples’ Day (10/7/2021) - The Boulder JCC is working with Right Relationship Boulder to present a virtual program on Wednesday, October 13 at 7 pm MT, on Fort Chambers, one of the staging grounds for the 1864 Sand Creek Massacre. Continue Reading
- Read Any Good Books Lately? It’s Time for Another Beth Ami Readers’ Circle! (10/7/2021) - What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon: discussing books with a Jewish or Humanistic theme. Continue Reading
- Sunday: Indigenous Wisdom for Healing Intergenerational Trauma (10/5/2021) - We will discuss the indigenous wisdom that has historically been used to heal intergenerational trauma, and why it is especially important at this time of upheaval and transformation with Dr. Anita Sanchez, Nahua (Aztec) and Mexican American. Continue Reading
- “What Works: Gun Violence Prevention in Communities” – Stand SAFE 2021, October 5 (10/4/2021) - . This year's event is titled "What Works: Gun Violence Prevention in Communities." Our discussion will focus on various gun violence prevention initiatives that have been implemented at the local and state levels. Continue Reading
- Final Month for Outdoor Yoga with Caron (10/4/2021) - Join experienced yoga instructor Caron Robinson for the final month of her grounding Pre-Shabbat outdoor yoga practice on Friday afternoons. Continue Reading
- Soup in the Sukkah, This Sunday Night! (9/23/2021) - Join Boulder Center for Judaism this Sunday, September 26, for our annual Women’s program, “Soup in the Sukkah.” Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts 9Health:365 Health Fair (9/23/2021) - On Sunday, October 3, from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, the Boulder JCC will proudly host the 9Health:365 Fair (previously 9Health Fair). It will be a basic fair offering low-cost blood-work, RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) screening, and blood pressure only. Continue Reading
- Virtual Suicide Prevention Forum and Training (9/20/2021) - The Boulder Chapter of Hadassah wants to spread the word about actions that all of us can take to help prevent suicide. Continue Reading
- Choosing Justice: Bringing Tikkun Olam Home to Our Communities (9/16/2021) - Join Rabbi Dr. Tirzah Firestone in conversation with leaders at the forefront of racial justice, collective healing, and change-making in our communities. We will learn about opportunities for critical reflection on issues of race, religion, and identity. Most importantly, by participating in authentic and meaningful conversation, we will be prepared to approach our world with… Continue Reading
- Do a Mitzvah! Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities at the Boulder JCC (9/9/2021) - Join us as a volunteer at the many fun and fulfilling opportunities we have coming up for September and October. Continue Reading
- Sacred Attunement: Shmita as Cultural Biomimicry (9/9/2021) - Dr. Cara Judea Alhadeff investigates Shmita/ Sabbath/Slow Movement alternatives to unlimited economic growth, progress, development paradigms. Continue Reading
- Vintage Vinyl and Cherished CDs Are Yours at KGNU’s Annual Yard Bazaar (9/2/2021) - What’s better than new vinyl? Old vinyl! And KGNU will have plenty of old vinyl, new books, CD’s, and media equipment to choose from when our Annual Yard Bazaar is held Saturday, September 4. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: