Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Praying for Israel: A Rally for Peace Sunday (5/13/2021) - (DENVER) – The Colorado community is invited to stand in solidarity with the Denver Jewish Community at a prayer and rally for peace on Sunday, May 16 at 10:00 a.m. Hosted by JEWISHColorado and the Rocky Mountain Rabbis and Cantors, the community is invited to join in person outdoors at Temple Emanuel's Grape Street Lawn… Continue Reading
- JFS Boulder Announces New Lunchtime Series and Caregivers’ Group (5/4/2021) - JFS Boulder is excited to announce a new Caregivers' Support Group, and a series of lunch Zoom speakers. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Israel in Boulder (4/25/2021) - JEWISHcolorado is celebrating Israel in Boulder this week with two events: a drive-thru activity kit pick up at the Boulder JCC on Friday, April 30th, and a picnic in the park on Sunday, May 2. Continue Reading
- Women of the J Presents Exceptional Women Series with Abby Stein (4/22/2021) - Women of the J welcomes Abby Stein virtually as part of their Exceptional Women Speaker Series on May 4. Abby Stein is the author of "Becoming Eve: My Journey from Ultra-Orthodox Rabbi to Transgender Woman." Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC’s Nosh & Network Partners with the Denver Jewish Chamber of Commerce This Thursday (4/19/2021) - A combined networking event is coming up on Thursday, April 22 on Zoom, and monthly thereafter. Check out the article for more networking opportunities! Continue Reading
- Harmony@Home with Congregation Har HaShem (4/12/2021) - Did someone say music, trivia games, guessing games and more? Make sure to circle Sunday, May 2nd. Continue Reading
- Holocaust Remembrance Day – Dr. Fauci Being Honored, Miri Ben Ari Performs – Watch Live April 7 (4/5/2021) - On April 7th, the eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day in the Jewish calendar, International March of the Living, along with special partners, will hold a special symposium on “Medicine and Morality: Lessons from the Holocaust and COVID-19”. Continue Reading
- Surviving the Holocaust: One Boulder Woman’s Struggle for Life and Her Journey to Freedom (4/1/2021) - Maria Krenz will recount her story of survival this Wednesday, April 7th at 7:00 pm during Boulder’s Yom HaShoah program, presented by Haver, the Rabbinic Council of Boulder, and the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- 9 Reasons to Watch JFNA’s 2021 Israel Independence Day Virtual Event – April 15 (4/1/2021) - On Thursday, April 15 at 7:00 pm ET The Jewish Federations of North America and additional partners will host a one-hour virtual event to mark Israel’s 73rd Independence Day. Continue Reading
- Harry Rapaport’s Family: A Story of Holocaust Tragedies and Survival (3/30/2021) - Listen to the passion in which he takes us to that horrible time of the systematic annihilation of the Jewish people. Listen and relate his story to current times, when antisemitism runs rampant. Continue Reading
- Free Community Acupuncture Healing Circle at Nevei Kodesh (3/24/2021) - Nevei Kodesh will be hosting Acupuncturists Without Borders, who will be creating a mobile field clinic in our parking lot this Sunday and Monday. Continue Reading
- “Are We a Pluralistic Country?” – Beth Ami 2nd Shabbat Speaker (3/10/2021) - Please join us in welcoming Paul Golin, Executive Director of the Society for Humanistic Judaism, to our “2nd Friday Shabbat”, this Friday, March 12. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC and JFS Boulder Partner on Two End-of-Life Programs (3/8/2021) - Boulder JCC and JFS Boulder present two virtual lunch and learns on end-of-life issues, one in March and one in April. Continue Reading
- A YEAR OF COVID-19: Blessings and Loss (3/2/2021) - In response to seeing so many people suffer on so many levels, the rabbis of Haver have decided to mark the one-year anniversary of Covid-19 in Boulder with a special program on Sunday March 14th that acknowledges those losses but also offers hope and a path toward healing. Continue Reading
- Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim Announce Schedule for March (3/2/2021) - Colorado Hebrew Chorale is announcing three events during March, all available virtually. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: