Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Community Service Events at the Boulder JCC (2/25/2021) - Food drive through 2/28, and a Blood Drive next week. Find our more... Continue Reading
- Get A Taste of Israel with Chefs Alon Shaya and Liliana Myers of Safta (2/22/2021) - Hear James Beard Award-winning chef Alon Shaya discuss his culinary journey, from Israel to America and back again, while his partner in dine, Safta chef Liliana Myers demonstrates how to make authentic Israeli stuffed grape leaves. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Panel Discussion: Physical, Mental Health and Working From Home (2/21/2021) - How are you doing with the challenges associated with working from home? On Wednesday, February 24, the Boulder JCC’s Nosh & Network group will host a panel discussion on how these challenges may be affecting us and what we can do about them. Continue Reading
- Jewish Acappella Group Leads Havdallah for Adventure Judaism (2/18/2021) - On March 6, 2021, Pizmon, a New York based Acappella group, will be leading a Havdallah service and concert for the Adventure Judaism Community. Continue Reading
- Hadassah to Hold Star-Studded Global Gala (2/14/2021) - will present “Coming Together to Heal Our World,” a virtual global benefit for Hadassah Hospitals, to be broadcast on Sunday, February 21. Continue Reading
- Ignite is Back for Purim! (2/9/2021) - After an outstanding Ignite Chanukah 2019, we have taken the event virtual and Ignite is back for Purim! Continue Reading
- The Most Important Archaeological Finds in Israel, Ever! (2/9/2021) - In this talk, Dr. David Ilan – one of the Boulder JCC’s most popular speakers – will present ten of the most significant archaeological finds from Israel, from Prehistory through late Antiquity. Continue Reading
- Learn to Bake Amazingly Delicious Hamantaschen (2/4/2021) - Please join us, Sunday, Feb 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pm, to celebrate Purim and learn to make the world's best hamantaschen! Storyteller and life long baker Renée Brachfeld will guide us in making world’s best Hamantaschen (In your own kitchen! From scratch!), with the added treat of music and merriment provided by the inimitable Rabbi… Continue Reading
- Becoming a Soulful Parent – Even In Challenging Times (1/28/2021) - Dasee Berkowitz, author of “Becoming A Soulful Parent: A Path to the Wisdom Within,” joins the Boulder JCC live from Israel on Sunday, February 7. She will discuss her new book and parenthood during these challenging times. Continue Reading
- Tree Fabulous! Upcoming Big Bold Jewish Climate Fest Has Boulder Connections (1/25/2021) - The Big Bold Jewish Climate Fest is coming up this week, January 27 (Tu B'Shevat) through January 31, with 165 panels of climate-related goodness! Find out about (at least) two Boulder-connected panels Continue Reading
- Join A Racial Justice Conversation on Sunday, January 31 (1/21/2021) - Nevei Kodesh's Tikkun Olam Sparks group is presenting a Racial Justice Conversation Sunday, January 31, 4:00 - 5:30 pm. In this conversation, we’ll discuss a 20-minute video of Rabbi Buchdahl's Yom Kippur Sermon. Rabbi Buchdahl is the rabbi of Central Synagogue. Her bio is here. Please watch the 20-minute video below before coming. https://youtu.be/FNhG8aW6gbI Some… Continue Reading
- WISDOM OF THE HEART: From Age-ing to Sage-ing® (1/18/2021) - At the heart of the Sage-ing® work is this deep immersion into all that Reb Zalman gifted us. This class offers contemplative tools for gathering, empowering, and giving expression to the wisdom of our own ripening lives. Rabbi Ori Har Rosemary Lohndorf Six Tuesdays, at 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Mountain Time beginning January 26 and… Continue Reading
- The Iran Nuclear Deal in a Rapidly-Changing Middle East (1/14/2021) - I want to invite you to an excellent discussion on the JCPOA (the Iran Nuclear Deal) that Trump has tried to destroy and likely will be President-Elect Biden’s first major foreign policy initiative. Continue Reading
- Classes This Week at Nevei Kodesh – January 14-20 (1/14/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Brushing Away Terror One Mural at a Time (1/13/2021) - It’s not uncommon to see children and families posing for photos in front of the bright, colorful murals in Wynwood, Miami...but how about in the Gaza Envelope? Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: