Shabbat shalom and shana tova! Here’s to a healthy, happy, peaceful, NORMAL 5781! Please enjoy our collection of Rosh Hashanah videos to help you celebrate the time of the year.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- How Donors Can Advance Racial Justice (9/17/2020) - In response to recent tragedies, many donors – whether in private or public foundations, donor-advised funds, or less structured philanthropy – have, internally and externally, offered important statements of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and racial justice and equity, with a commitment to anti-racism efforts. Now is the time to go beyond statements. Continue Reading
- Spice of Life Offers Rosh Hashanah Family Dinner (9/15/2020) - Order by Wednesday, September 16th; pickup and delivery on Friday, September 18th. Continue Reading
- Lemon Tree Group March for Unity UPDATE (9/14/2020) - The Lemon Tree Group Planning Committee has decided to transform our 7th annual March for Unity this fall into another form of community empowerment. Please read on... Continue Reading
- This Rosh Hashanah, “If You Will It, It Is No Dream” (9/15/2020) - As we approach these Days of Awe, I would like to share several stories that have touched me, and I think will touch you too about the people you, Jewish National Fund-USA, and I have supported over the past year. Continue Reading
- Second Day Rosh Hashanah Services To Be Held in Leadville; First in Nearly 100 Years (9/14/2020) - Second day Rosh Hashanah services will be held at the historic Temple Israel in Leadville for the first time in close to 100 years. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Return to the Land of Your Soul – Episode 108 (9/14/2020) - In these final days of 5780, on the threshold of a New Year with fire, flood, famine and plague ravishing our globe, what does it mean to return and how do we enter Rosh HaShanah when the world is so different. Continue Reading
- Lifelong Learning Open House Set for December 6 (11/27/2023) - To launch the winter term of EXCHANGE, the Boulder JCC is hosting an Open House on Wednesday, December 6. Bagels, coffee, and tea will be served. Continue Reading
- Actions in Boulder for Hostages Held in Gaza – Friday and Sunday (11/22/2023) - Members of Boulder's Jewish community have organized a couple of different events and gatherings in Boulder to bring more awareness to the hostage crisis. Please join! Continue Reading
- ReelAbilities Film Festival Shines a Light (11/16/2023) - The ReelAbilities Film Festival is back at the Boulder JCC on Sunday, December 3. The program includes several short films, documentaries on mental illness, and opportunities to meet with disability advocates and organizations in our community. Continue Reading
- Israel Briefing and Conversation with Rabbi Marc Soloway (11/9/2023) - Rabbi Marc Soloway of Congregation Bonai Shalom has recently returned from a solidarity mission to Israel. Join him on Thursday morning, November 16th, to hear about his experiences. Continue Reading
- CEO of JCPA Will Headline J Street Colorado Annual Breakfast (11/9/2023) - Join J Street Colorado for our annual celebration and a morning conversation with Amy Spitalnick, CEO of Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) and former Executive Director of Integrity First for America (IFA) on November 29th. Continue Reading
- Talk and Tasting: Roman Jewish Cooking at the Boulder JCC (11/9/2023) - Cookbook Author, Leah Koenig, will be in Colorado for two special events at the end of November! Continue Reading
- Community Wide Scholar in Residence Program: November 30-December 2 (11/6/2023) - A scholar-in-residence weekend offers unparalleled intellectual enrichment, infusing fresh perspectives into a community. Now after a year of planning, we are thrilled to welcome Professor Shaul Magid to Boulder. Continue Reading
- Boulder Hadassah Announces November and December Events (11/2/2023) - Boulder's Hadassah chapter announces three events for November and December 2023. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Brotherhood Hosts Wine Tasting Fundraiser (11/2/2023) - Sample 7 types of Italian wine and learn about each one from a Torciano Wine School instructor! Continue Reading
- Holler the Challah at the 2023 Great Big Challah Bake! (11/1/2023) - The Boulder JCC’s Annual Great Big Challah Bake, presented by the Women of the J, will be held on Thursday, November 16. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts Shalom Boulder, a New(ish) to Boulder Welcoming Event on 11/1 (10/26/2023) - Meet your neighbors and learn more about the thriving local Jewish community at this free, in-person gathering at the Boulder JCC on Wednesday morning, November 1. Continue Reading
- Community-Wide Scholar-in-Residence Program November 30 – December 2 in Boulder (10/26/2023) - A scholar-in-residence weekend offers unparalleled intellectual enrichment, infusing fresh perspectives into a community. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Hosting 2023 Symposium on Spirituality and the Environment (10/25/2023) - The Symposium will focus on bringing people together to explore perspectives on environmentalism from faith and spiritual traditions. Continue Reading
- Lessons Learned from Dialogue About Abortion (10/25/2023) - The Boulder JCC is partnering with YWCA Boulder County and YOUnify to host “The Power of Peacemaking” on Monday, October 30. The program includes a screening of the thought-provoking documentary The Abortion Talks, followed by a talkback with the Filmmakers. The Abortion Talks is an inspiring film based on the true story of the aftermath… Continue Reading
- New Series Beginning This Sunday: Faith and Trust When We Experience Difficulties (10/19/2023) - Chany Scheiner of Boulder Center for Judaism will be hosting an enlightening class on the topic of cultivating faith and trust in times of hardship. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: