Shabbat shalom! Some exciting news this week: Avanti Food Hall opened last weekend, and it has some very yummy options! We stopped in on Saturday after the Farmer’s Market. Two options in particular stood out for us:
- Rye Society, a branch of the Denver deli on Larimer in RINO that serves Jewish deli classics like the Reuben, Corned Beef and Pastrami sandwiches, plus killer pickles and bagel sandwiches for breakfast. They even offer Dr. Brown’s sodas to go with. (They were a food purveyor at the Boulder Jewish Festival a few years back).
- Boychik, a Mediterranean food restaurant offering hummus, dips, falafel, shwarmah, and fried cauliflower.
Avanti Food and Beverage is located in the former Cheesecake Factory space at the corner of 14th St. and the Pearl Street Mall. You can pick up a take-out order, or reserve a booth inside, a table outside, or a table on their fabulous roof deck. Check it out (masks required when not actively eating or drinking)!
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- ‘Voting is Loving Thy Neighbor’ (10/8/2020) - Hillel International’s MitzVote initiative is designed to help students maneuver the complexities around voting by breaking the process down into simple steps, from registration to ballot submission, and giving students resources about civic action and education. Continue Reading
- Creative/Experiential Simchat Torah Celebration Nevei Kodesh (10/8/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us this week virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Celebrate Simchat Torah with Bonai Shalom (10/7/2020) - Bonai Shalom is having two events this weekend to help celebrate Simchat Torah safely, while bringing our community together to honor the Torah. Continue Reading
- Hitting the Streets with My Sukkot Holiday Gear (10/7/2020) - What makes the Jewish holiday of Sukkot memorable for me is something I have loved to do ever since I first got my own set of the Four Kinds, the lulav and etrog set. Continue Reading
- Jake Levy Bar Mitzvah (9/29/2020) - On Saturday, October 3rd, 2020, Jake Levy will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- No Place on Earth: An Incredible Story of Strength and Survival (10/7/2020) - World caver and explorer, Chris Nicola, shares the incredible story of how five Jewish families survived the Holocaust by taking refuge in a cave for nearly a year and a half - the longest uninterrupted, underground survival experience on record. Continue Reading
- Zoom Presentation of “We Are Going To Be Lucky” (10/1/2020) - Meet Liz Fox and her husband, Sid, as they read excerpts from the letters between her mom and dad. The Zoom presentation on Friday, October 16 is co-sponsored by Boulder Hadassah and the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 9-16 (10/8/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts 9Health Express Fair This Fall (10/6/2020) - The Boulder JCC is proud to partner with 9Health Fair and CU Anschutz to offer a 9Health Express Fair (low-cost bloodwork only) on Sunday, October 18. Continue Reading
- Plague and Quarantine: Past and Present Israel/Palestine Webinar Series – Two Programs (10/6/2020) - CU Program in Jewish Studies presents two Zoom webinars in their series Past and Present Israel and Palestine on October 22 and October 27. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 2 – 9 (10/1/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Offering Women’s “Wise Aging” Virtual Discussion Group (9/29/2020) - The Boulder JCC will offer a Wise Aging discussion group based on the book, "Wise Aging: Living with Joy, Resilience and Spirit” by Rabbi Rachel Cowan and Dr. Linda Thal. Continue Reading
- An Evening with Author Linda Kass in Conversation with Judge Murray Richtel (9/29/2020) - This Zoom event on October 6, 2020 is co-sponsored by Boulder Hadassah and the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: