Shabbat shalom! The weekend before the election has arrived. If you haven’t returned your ballot yet, it’s time to drop it off rather than mail it. Please do drop it off at a collection box before 7:00 pm Tuesday.
Also, Daylight Savings ends this weekend, so we can all get an extra hour of sleep — we’ve earned it.
Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and turn in your ballots as early as you can.
- Clean Speech Colorado Announces 2nd Annual Campaign: “Civility Needed Now More Than Ever” (10/28/2020) - In the only statewide effort of its kind, Clean Speech Colorado announced its second annual effort to bring an entire community together to rectify hurtful, insulting speech. Continue Reading
- Repair the World Initiative to Help Ensure Every Eligible Voter Can Safely Cast Their Ballot (10/27/2020) - Repair the World, a national nonprofit organization that mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world, igniting a lifelong commitment to service, recently launched #RepairTheVote – a comprehensive effort so we can all take action and volunteer to ensure that every eligible American can safely cast their ballot by November… Continue Reading
- ADL’s 2020 Never Is Now Summit Goes Virtual & Free (10/26/2020) - ADL’s Never Is Now Summit, the world’s largest summit on antisemitism and hate, will be held from November 8 – 19, 2020. This year, it will be held virtually and is available to all at no cost. Continue Reading
- Eliana Monahan Bat Mitzvah (10/29/2020) - On Saturday, October 31st, 2020, Eliana Monahan will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Nevei Kodesh. Continue Reading
- Adult B’nai Mitzvah Class, Adult Learning with Rabbi Jamie Korngold (10/26/2020) - Join Rabbi Korngold and other adults who wish to increase their Jewish knowledge as we embark on an adventure of mind and spirit, guaranteed to help you advance your Jewish studies and practice. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Celebrate National Jewish Book Month in November with the Boulder JCC (10/29/2020) - From their living rooms to yours, LitFest gives you the opportunity to hear from the authors of the hottest books of the fall and winter. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh 10/30-11/4 (10/29/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 30 – November 6 (10/29/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- The Power Of Words: Not To Tear Down, To Build Up (10/28/2020) - Come and hear some key Jewish teachings and stories from Morah Yehudis Fishman that can guide you in the care and feeding of compassionate and sensitive speech. Continue Reading
- Join in a “How to Be an Antiracist” Discussion, Shabbat Service (10/28/2020) - We invite you to join our congregation-wide book discussion of "How to Be an Antiracist," by Ibram Kendi, sponsored by the Response to Racism Committee: November 8, 2020, as well as a special shabbat service on November 7. Continue Reading
- Bake Challah Together and Build Community at the Great Big Virtual Challah Bake (10/27/2020) - Join us from your own kitchen and bake along with others during the Boulder JCC’s Great Big Virtual Challah Bake presented by Women of the J. Continue Reading
- American Jews and the State of Israel: As One or Divided? (10/26/2020) - A Zoom with Natan Sharansky and Gil Troy in conversation with Jonathan Sarna and Shirley Idelson, based on the book "Never Alone." Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events:
Thursdays 11:00 am Storytime with Sadie and Ori
Fridays 6:00 pm Shabbat Gathering with Rabbi Jamie Korngold