Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- ADL Welcomes Hate Crime Plea in Plot To Blow Up Pueblo Synagogue (10/15/2020) - Mountain States ADL welcomed today’s announcement by the U.S. Department of Justice that Richard Holzer pleaded guilty to federal hate crime and explosive charges for plotting to blow up Temple Emanuel Synagogue in Pueblo. Continue Reading
- JTree Looking for Volunteers to Help with Re-Forestation (10/14/2020) - Thank you Boulder JTree for joining The Nature Conservancy’s effort to replant Ponderosa Pine faster and easier using seed pellets! Continue Reading
- Gabriel Susskind Bar Mitzvah (10/15/2020) - On Saturday, October 17th, 2020, Gabriel Susskind will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
- Eliana Alper Bat Mitzvah (10/11/2020) - On Saturday, October 17th, 2020, Eliana Alper will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- He’s In The Breeze Through The Shivering Trees (10/15/2020) - A new poem by Lisa Tremback, dedicated to Henry Rasoff. Continue Reading
- JCC Denver Mizel Arts & Culture Center Announces 12+ Events with Social Justice Theme During Year-Long JAAMM (10/11/2020) - The JCC Mizel Arts and Culture Center is kicking off its 2020-2021 season full of arts and culture events through the13th Annual Neustadt JAAMM Festival. The festival will bring nationally and globally recognized figures in arts and culture to homes across Colorado through entirely virtual content. Continue Reading
- Announcing “Amplifying Voices” Series in Partnership with Tucson JCC (10/15/2020) - The first program in the series features Marc Dollinger speaking about his book, "Black Power, Jewish Politics: Reinventing the Alliance of the 1960s," followed by a Q&A opportunity with Drs. Jerome Dotson and Gil Ribak. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – October 16-23 (10/15/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Presents 2020 Symposium on Spirituality and the Environment (10/15/2020) - Congregation Har HaShem is pleased to invite you to our Symposium on Spirituality and the Environment on Sunday, November 8. Continue Reading
- Managing Adult Emotions in Challenging Times Featuring Rosalind Wiseman (10/14/2020) - During this time of uncertainty and the anxiety that ensues, Rosalind will discuss how we can better manage our emotions so that we can maintain healthy relationships in all aspects of our lives. October 20th via Zoom. Continue Reading
- Hadassah Presents Readings from “We Are Going To Be Lucky” (10/14/2020) - Meet Liz Fox and her husband, Sid, as they read excerpts from the WWII letters between her mom and dad. The Zoom presentation on Friday, October 16 is co-sponsored by Boulder Hadassah and the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Join JFS Boulder for a Virtual Event October 21 (10/11/2020) - You are invited to a free virtual event where we will be announcing the details of the reinvented JFS Boulder fundraising event! Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: