Shabbat shalom! Thanksgiving is coming, and so is Chanukah. Please plan on celebrating at home, with your housemates. Things have gotten worse since last week; so much so that the state has added a level after Orange to the Coronavirus dial that is worse than Orange, but still not quite at lockdown/stay-at-home level. Boulder County (along with all Metro Denver counties) is moving to this Level Red on Friday November 20th; this is the most restrictive level before we get to a full blown Stay at Home order. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and turn in your ballots as early as you can.
- Hate Crime Reports Spike 74% In Colorado In 2019 (11/17/2020) - Hate crimes directed at individuals based on their race, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity and disability increased in Colorado, according to the FBI’s 2019 hate crime report. Continue Reading
- Yearly Pearl Street Menorah Lighting Turns Virtual! (11/19/2020) - Traditionally known as “Hanukkah on Pearl Street,” this year it will be broadcast live over Zoom. Continue Reading
- In Memory of Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks z”l (11/18/2020) - Rabbi Marc Soloway offers some thoughts on the passing of Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks, z"l, former Chief Rabbi of the UK. Continue Reading
- Ava Silverman Bat Mitzvah (11/17/2020) - On Saturday, November 21st, 2020, Ava Silverman will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- A Story from Rivvy Neshama’s Award-Winning Book, “Recipes for a Sacred Life: True Stories and a Few Miracles” (11/17/2020) - After receiving five national awards, a new edition of "Recipes for a Sacred Life,” by Boulder author Rivvy Neshama, was recently launched. Neshama’s book—a great gift for Hanukkah—has been praised for being “joyful” “uplifting” and “inspiring” and has been called “a book for these times.” Continue Reading
- Sunday, December 6th: Celebrate SIPP! Your Gifts at Work (11/19/2020) - Anyone interested in work that benefits both Israelis and Palestinians is invited to attend this exciting Zoom event. SIPP will introduce you to our seven new Mini-Grant recipients. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – November 20- 27 (11/19/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh 11/20-25 (11/19/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Save the Date: Celebrate SIPP! Your Gifts at Work (11/18/2020) - Meet our new Mini-Grant recipients and learn about their projects at our annual fundraising event. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: