Shabbat shalom! If you helped out JTree and the Nature Conservancy with their re-forestation efforts, the Nature Conservancy is hosting a Zoom thank you party on Monday!
Boulder County (along with all Metro Denver counties) has moved to Level Orange, the most restrictive level before we get to a full blown Stay at Home order. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and turn in your ballots as early as you can.
- Erasing Hunger In America Requires More Than Charity (11/12/2020) - The holidays are around the corner and, for tens of millions of our neighbors across the U.S., this will be a time of scarcity, insecurity, worry and, in the richest nation on earth, hunger. Continue Reading
- Buy Local Produce This Winter as Tuv Ha’aretz Partnership Turns 11 (11/9/2020) - Due to decreased restaurant sales as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the farm is offering a winter CSA for the first time in a number of years. Continue Reading
- Cohort 3 of the Graduate Degree in Israel Education at GWU Includes Jco Employee (11/9/2020) - The iCenter and The George Washington University are pleased to announce Cohort 3 of the Graduate Degree in Israel Education, including Michelle Schwartz of JEWISHcolorado. Continue Reading
- Mason Hendricks Bar Mitzvah (11/11/2020) - On Saturday, November 14th, 2020, Mason Hendricks will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Arthur Wouk z”l (11/8/2020) - Arthur Wouk , father of Fay and Nina, passed away Shabbat morning, November 7, 2020,. Continue Reading
- Memorial Information for Professor David Shneer z”l (11/8/2020) - Professor Shneer's husband has provided memorial information for those who are interested in participating. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- A Story from Rivvy Neshama’s Award-Winning Book, “Recipes for a Sacred Life: True Stories and a Few Miracles” (11/17/2020) - After receiving five national awards, a new edition of "Recipes for a Sacred Life,” by Boulder author Rivvy Neshama, was recently launched. Neshama’s book—a great gift for Hanukkah—has been praised for being “joyful” “uplifting” and “inspiring” and has been called “a book for these times.” Continue Reading
- With the Strength of Madness (11/12/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Hear the True Story That Inspired the Netflix Film – “Red Sea Spies” (11/11/2020) - Raffi Berg will speak about his new book, “Red Sea Spies” on Sunday, November 15 as part of the Boulder JCC’s LitFest. Berg is the Middle East editor of the BBC News website, and has extensive experience reporting on Israel and the wider region. Continue Reading
- Michael J. Fox Joins LitFest Program on November 19 (11/11/2020) - In "No Time Like the Future: An Optimist Considers Mortality," Michael shares personal stories and observations about illness and health, aging, the strength of family and friends, and how our perceptions about time affect the way we approach mortality. Continue Reading
- “After Munich” Film and Talkback (11/9/2020) - "After Munich" is a 2019 documentary film that tells the stories of four women whose lives were forever altered by the massacre of eleven Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games. Continue Reading
- Free Webinar – Klezmer Music as Jewish Dialogue and Jewish Discourse (11/8/2020) - This lecture will introduce klezmer music as a kind of Jewish dialogue, or Jewish discourse. Klezmer is Jewish instrumental music from Eastern Europe, and it comes from the same culture as the Yiddish literature of Sholem Aleichem, S. J. Abramovitsh, and others. December 14th, 2020. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh 11/13-11/19 (11/12/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – November 13-20 (11/12/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Rebbe-meises: Chasidic Stories from Reb Zalman, Told by Eve Ilsen (11/11/2020) - Join master performer and storyteller Eve Ilsen as she shares some of the most memorable and life-affirming “rebbe meises” (rabbinic fables), shared with her by Reb Zalman over the course of their twenty-seven-year marriage. Continue Reading
- Encounter These Jewish-Palestinian Conversations (11/9/2020) - Join Encounter as we host conversations with Palestinian civil society leaders over the next few weeks, alongside six fellow Jewish leaders from North America and Israel who will also host conversations in this series. Continue Reading
- Author Talk with Jim McCloskey – Boulder JCC LitFest (11/8/2020) - "WHEN TRUTH IS ALL YOU HAVE" is a riveting story of devotion, sacrifice, and vindication from the founder of America’s first organization committed to freeing the wrongly imprisoned. Thursday, November 12. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: