Shabbat shalom and happy Mother’s Day! It’s also the 75th anniversary of VE Day — Victory in Europe at the end of World War II.
As a people and as a community, we continue showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend and a healthy Mother’s Day.
- Memories for Mother’s Day… Dancing With My Cru (5/7/2020) - "I wrote this back in 2004, while my mother, Cru, was still alive. At the time, I was 44 years old, and figuring out how to be a good mom to three young children..." Continue Reading
- Letter: Stop Annexation, In The Name Of Love (5/7/2020) - The newly formed Israeli coalition government promises to focus on only COVID 19-related matters, with one glaring exception: by July 1, the government can proceed with the process of annexing portions of the West Bank. Continue Reading
- Jewish National Fund-USA Salutes Teachers (5/5/2020) - In recognition of Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4 – 8, 2020), JNF-USA leadership is recognizing the incredible impact of teachers in schools across the U.S. and Israel. Continue Reading
- Smile… Nobody’s Watching (5/5/2020) - I have been struck by the fact that each time I pass someone on the street, my face covered in a mask, their face covered too, I say hello and smile. Because the masks can muffle sound, often times people don’t hear me say hello, and my smile is hidden, of course, behind the fabric of… Continue Reading
- Announcing JTREE Boulder (5/4/2020) - With this community pledge, we join J-Tree: Jewish organizations around the world who share a commitment to addressing climate change. Continue Reading
- Eli Emmenegger Bar Mitzvah (5/7/2020) - On Saturday, May 9th, 2020, Eli Emmenegger will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Jamie Korngold Teaches Hebrew and a Whole Lot More (5/5/2020) - For years Rabbi Jamie Korngold, known as the Adventure Rabbi, has led a team of educators who offer online and in-person Hebrew lessons. But now Rabbi Jamie is also teaching Hebrew. We sat down to ask her why. BJN: “Rabbi Jamie, we’re used to hearing about you leading hikes and camping trips. Now you are… Continue Reading
- Virtual Events with Adventure Judaism -May 6 and 7, 2020 (5/4/2020) - Adventure Judaism is offering regular online events via Zoom. Find out more. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Jean Deitel z”l (5/4/2020) - Jean Deitel, mother of Shmuel (Steven) Deitel and mother-in-law of Janet Sherman, passed away on April 25, 2020 at the Carillon at Bellevue Station in Denver. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Your Jewish Pride and Lag B’Omer During Coronavirus (5/7/2020) - For the past 28 years, we have celebrated LagB'Omer by hosting a BBQ or Hike and Celebrating with Jewish Pride. This year: a car parade! Continue Reading
- This Week at Virtual Bonai Shalom – 5/8 – 5/15 (5/7/2020) - What's happening at Bonai Shalom for the next week! Please see our website for the whole list of events, zoom information, and all other updates! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – May 8 – May 15 (5/7/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events:
Arts and Culture
- From Marjorie Morningstar to Midge Maisel: Jewish Women on Screen (5/5/2020) - Join Kathryn Bernheimer on Mother's Day to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly images of Jewish women in film and television. Continue Reading