Shabbat shalom! Shavuot is coming up next week, and there are several virtual learning opportunities coming up, like Haver’s Communal Zoom on Sunday, May 24, Boulder Center for Judaism’s 7 Sisters cooking event, and the first-time Humanistic Shavout event on Thursday, May 28. Other Shavuot-related posts are on our Shavuot page.
As a people and as a community, we continue showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend and a healthy Mother’s Day.
- Boulder Volunteer Spearheads Successful “Tech to Connect” Program (5/21/2020) - Sue Mackey, a Boulder Jewish Family Service (JFS) volunteer, recently started a wonderful program to help connect local isolated older adults with their families. Continue Reading
- Mensches Worth Mentioning: Caroline Saliman (5/19/2020) - Imagine what’s in the minds of little children who are being told they need to stay at home from school, can't see their friends, can’t hug their grandparents, and that they have to wear masks, like all the adults around them, when they are outside around others. Continue Reading
- Repair the World Announces Platform to Further Mobilize Jewish Community to Volunteer Now (5/19/2020) - Repair the World announced a new initiative, Skills for Impact, in partnership with several leading Jewish organizations to further mobilize the Jewish community to take action to support neighbors and communities during this unprecedented time. Continue Reading
- Encouraging Donors To Ask Questions About Nonprofits’ Climate Impact (5/19/2020) - A few weeks ago, the coronavirus pandemic obscured the celebration of Earth Day’s 50th anniversary. Continue Reading
- 7 Sisters Under Quarantine (5/21/2020) - What happens when you're stuck @ home in quarantine? Ingenuity! 7 Sisters Demonstrate 7 Recipes on 1 wonderful Zoom. Continue Reading
- Join the Humanistic Jewish Shavuot Study Night (5/21/2020) - The first Humanistic Jewish Shavuot Celebration - Tikkun Leil Shavuot - convenes Thursday, May 28, live from Israel, Canada and across the U.S. Continue Reading
- Shavuot To Go! (5/21/2020) - With you in mind, we are preparing a Shavuos Kit to go for adults and a special educational Shavuos "Tool Kit" for children. Continue Reading
- Jewish Teens Help Set the Course for the Future (5/20/2020) - We are reaching out to parents in our community for help to gather the information we need from your high school students. Continue Reading
- Rebecca Mestel Bat Mitzvah (5/20/2020) - On Saturday, May 23, 2020, Rebecca Mestel will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – May 22 – May 29 (5/21/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Work on Your Health and Wellness with the Boulder JCC (5/20/2020) - We all know the physical and emotional benefits to eating right, exercise, and meditation. Those practices are more important than ever but also even more challenging to take on during this time when our gyms are closed and food shopping options are limited. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: