Shabbat shalom! If you have been looking to do something tangible to help the community, the Boulder JCC is holding a food drive this Sunday to benefit EFAA. More information here on the BJCC site.
As a people and as a community, we continue showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend and a healthy Mother’s Day.
- Israel Cycling Team First in World to Return to Training, Preparing for Tour de France (5/14/2020) - Israel Start-Up Nation cycling team holds its first organized training camp since Corona outbreak; 3-day intensive riding in northern Israel. Continue Reading
- Antisemitic Incidents Hit All-Time High In 2019 (5/14/2020) - Reported incidents in Colorado surge by 56 percent, according to ADL annual report. Continue Reading
- World’s Largest Virtual Color War Launches in Wake of Camp Cancellation (5/13/2020) - Launched as a month-long reimagined summer camp experience, “Expedition Nai” has become the world’s largest virtual color war, as daily, more individuals and teams join the ongoing adventure. Continue Reading
- Mensches Worth Mentioning – Gavriel Kleinwaks (5/13/2020) - Welcome to our new series about people in our community who are volunteering and making a difference in this difficult time. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Smiling Behind a Mask is Episode 107 (5/12/2020) - Today is Lag BaOmer, the 33rd day of counting towards Sinai. As well as bonfires, this is a festival whose themes include the power of the eyes and the mouth. Continue Reading
- Denver’s Jodi’s Race Goes Virtual: Together for Good (5/14/2020) - One of the largest ovarian cancer walks in the country is bringing together the community in a Virtual Run/Walk. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – May 15 – May 22 (5/14/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- This Week at Virtual Bonai Shalom – 5/15 – 5/21 (5/14/2020) - What's happening at Bonai Shalom for the next week! Please see our website for the whole list of events, zoom information, and all other updates! Continue Reading
- Boulder Hadassah Hosts LEADERSHIP UNDER PRESSURE Webinar (5/12/2020) - "Let's talk about how each of us can make a difference today.” Dafna Michaelson Jenet Continue Reading
- Interactive Women’s Zoom Class on Pirkei Avot (5/12/2020) - If you have never experienced the thrill of dissecting and discussing the finer points of the Pirkei Avot and enjoy debating about morals and values, here is your chance. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events:
Arts and Culture
- The Interactive Women’s Zoo (5/14/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- What to Watch: Zooming in on the Best Jewish Documentaries (5/13/2020) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival's "What to Watch" series continues Sunday at 4 pm with Kathryn Bernheimer's picks for the best Jewish documentaries Continue Reading