Shabbat shalom! As a people and as a community, we are showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
BJN is participating in weekly call with other Jewish organizations in Boulder as well as JEWISHcolorado, organized by the Boulder JCC. We are working out ways of efficiently getting information out to the community about opportunities to volunteer, participate, connect with physical distancing, and get help to people and organizations that need it during these challenging times. We will let you know as information becomes available.
If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend.
- Governor Polis Orders Colorado Residents Statewide to Stay at Home (3/25/2020) - The order takes effect 6:00 am Thursday March 26 and expires April 11. Continue Reading
- Pre-Order Challah and Passover Dinners from River and Woods (3/24/2020) - We are taking challah pre-orders for pick up this Friday, March 27th. If we can get at least 24 orders, we can put our baker back to work for a day making challah for our community. Continue Reading
- What Is The ‘Nu’ Normal? (3/24/2020) - We just finished reading the book of Exodus, and also the last of the special Torah readings before Passover. This reading, ‘the chapter of the NEW moon,’ begins with the mandate to declare the upcoming month of Nisan, as the first month in the Jewish calendar. Continue Reading
- Boulder JFS, JCC Partner on Passover Donation Day (3/23/2020) - Passover Donation Day drop off is Thursday, March 26, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Boulder JCC, 6007 Oreg Avenue. Continue Reading
- Important Call to the Community for Shabbat (3/25/2020) - The Talmud teaches us that the Shabbos has tremendous power to bring healing to the world. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Susan Frimet z”l (3/25/2020) - Susan A Frimet (Sarah bat Chaim v'Johanna), mother of Sharon Kocina, passed away early the morning of March 25, 2020 in Juniper Village Memory Care in Denver. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Keep Breathing is Episode 104 (3/24/2020) - Keep Breathing is Episode 104 of A Dash of Drash. In the fear, anxiety and uncertainty of these days, we so need to take care of ourselves physically, emotionally and spiritually. Continue Reading
- Another Story with Sadie and Ori (3/23/2020) - Today, Sadie and Ori read "Sadie, Ori, and Nuggles Go to Camp." This delightful book by Rabbi Jamie Korngold is geared for preschoolers-2nd graders. Continue Reading
- Great News! An Engagement! (3/23/2020) - In this chaotic and stressful times, we would like to share a ray of sunshine! Continue Reading