Shabbat shalom! As a people and as a community, we are showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
In this week’s BJN edition, we of course have Kathryn Bernheimer’s guide to Jewish films available for streaming, as well as a few virtual talkbacks scheduled to discuss. Rabbi Korngold has recorded a video of her daughters reading one of her children’s books, a famous Israeli artist is hosting a virtual concert on Sunday, and that’s just the beginning. If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend.
- Coronavirus Vaccine at Least a Year and a Half Away, Israeli Expert Warns (3/17/2020) - “Developing vaccines is extremely difficult,” said Dr. Green. “It takes years, not days or months." Continue Reading
- Just A Start: How to Begin to Support Our Community (3/16/2020) - Our community’s needs are varied. We have prepared a few options that are currently available to request assistance, volunteer, and/or donate. Continue Reading
- Funding In Short Supply For Charities Focused On Women And Girls (3/16/2020) - Charitable support for organizations that serve women and girls is surprisingly deficient when compared with philanthropic giving as a whole. Continue Reading
- 20s/30s Shabbat Alone, Together with OneTable (3/19/2020) - In these very uncertain times, we know that Shabbat can be an anchor. We're working on ways to bring Shabbat tables together, even while we must remain physically apart. And while we'll continue to support local communities in unique ways, these updates are totally digital, and so available to all. Also - we're working on… Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Distancing and Connecting – A Podcast for These Times is Episode 103 (3/17/2020) - How can we remain close and connected while being physically separate? Distancing and Connecting - a podcast for these times is Episode 103 of A Dash of Drash. Continue Reading
- Shechinah and Women of the Bible Class Now Online (3/16/2020) - Join us for a new class led by Reb Patrice Spitz, as we connect with and receive inspiration from our female ancestors from the Torah. Continue Reading
- Zoey Mandelbaum Bat Mitzvah (3/16/2020) - On Saturday, March 21st, 2020, Zoey Mandelbaum will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Amelia Protas Bat Mitzvah (3/16/2020) - On Saturday, March 21st, 2020, Amelia Protas will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Israeli Artist Idan Raichel Announces Live-Streamed Global Performance on Sunday, March 22 (3/19/2020) - The Jewish Agency for Israel has teamed up with renowned Israeli artist Idan Raichel to host a special online live performance from the musician's living room this coming Sunday, March 22nd at 2:00 pm MDT / 10:00 pm Israel time. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Plenty of Jewish Films to Watch at Home (3/19/2020) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival goes virtual with ways to watch and even discuss films at home. Continue Reading
- Virtual Story Time with Sadie and Ori (3/19/2020) - We thought the youngest among us might enjoy a virtual visit from Sadie and Ori for a Story Time. Continue Reading
- She Is In The Very Air That I Breathe (3/19/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading