Shabbat shalom! How quickly things change in a week. Since our last weekly edition, the Boulder JCC has canceled the rest of the Boulder Jewish Film Festival, all other events, and closed the building and its preschool through March 29th. All local synagogues are closed and services and learning are moving online. CU Boulder is moving classes online and Boulder Valley Schools are closed until early April.
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
Stay safe, and have a great weekend.
- Boulder JCC and Phillips Early Childhood Center Closed Through March 29 (3/12/2020) - Effective Friday, March 13 the Boulder JCC building and the Jay and Rose Phillips Early Childhood Center will be closed. All Boulder JCC programs, events, meetings, and functions are cancelled through March 29. Continue Reading
- The Jewish Agency and Keren Hayesod Join Forces to Assist Italian Jewish Community Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (3/12/2020) - Jewish Agency Chairman Isaac Herzog: We will urge Jewish organizations and Jewish communities worldwide to assist the Italian Jewish community. Continue Reading
- JCC Denver Tennis Center Renamed in Honor Jim Swiggart z”l (3/12/2020) - The JCC Tennis Center was recently renamed the "James M. Swiggart JCC Tennis Center" in honor of the past Tennis Center Director, Jim Swiggart z"l. Continue Reading
- 4 Questions for Bonnie Rabin of College Career Consulting (3/10/2020) - Boulder Jewish News welcomes a new advertiser, College Career Consulting, LLC and a new Boulder resident, its owner, Bonnie Rabin, Ph.D. Continue Reading
- March of the Living 2020 Postponed Due to Coronavirus (3/8/2020) - The organization’s leaders announced that owing to the spread of coronavirus, this year’s March of the Living in Poland will be postponed. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Michael Kosakoff z”l (3/12/2020) - Rabbi Michael Kosakoff passed away at Balfour Senior Living on Thursday, March 12, 2020 after a long illness. Continue Reading
- The Professional Benefits of Working at Day Camp (3/10/2020) - Cherryvale Day Camp at the Boulder JCC has once again begun its search for camp staff. Continue Reading
- Noah Ferraris Bar Mitzvah (3/8/2020) - On Saturday, March 14th, 2020, Noah Ferraris will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Kol Nashim Sing Out for SafeHouse 2020 Canceled (3/11/2020) - Kol Nashim, the women’s choir of the Colorado Hebrew Chorale, will be participating in Sing Out for SafeHouse on Sunday, March 15, 2020. Continue Reading
- This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 3/9 (3/8/2020) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
- Remainder of Boulder Jewish Film Festival Canceled (3/11/2020) - The Boulder JCC announced this morning that they have canceled the remaining screenings of the Boulder Jewish Film Festival, effective immediately. Continue Reading
- “Aulcie” Is a Heart-Warming Festival Winner (3/10/2020) - Tickets are available for today's Centerpiece screenings of "Aulcie" and "Picture of His Life" with Dani Menkin in person. Continue Reading