Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- JEWISHcolorado Condemns Colorado Democratic Party Adoption of Anti-Israel Resolution (7/21/2020) - JEWISHcolorado condemns the Colorado State Democratic Party Central Committee’s adoption of an anti-Israel resolution that endorses U.S. House Resolution (H.R.) 2407, Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act. Continue Reading
- The Climate Crisis Demands Jewish Civic Engagement (7/21/2020) - Americans can worry about more than one problem at a time. Continue Reading
- JTree Update – July 2020 (7/16/2020) - JTree received over 600 trees from Boulder in June! Continue Reading
- Rose Community Foundation Awards Over $4.1 Million in 2nd Phase of COVID-19 Grantmaking (7/16/2020) - Rose Community Foundation and its fundholders awarded 395 grants totaling over $4.1 million in its second phase of COVID-19 grantmaking, bringing the Foundation’s COVID-19 grantmaking total thus far to more than $7 million over three months. Continue Reading
- Lack of Accountability and Transparency Put Philanthropy at an Inflection Point (7/15/2020) - A few weeks ago, the coronavirus pandemic obscured the celebration of Earth Day’s 50th anniversary. Continue Reading
- Who Says Self-Compassion Isn’t Jewish?? (7/22/2020) - When we were talking to a friend recently about the concept of self-compassion, and our desire to cultivate more of it in our post-retirement years, he let out a big laugh. Continue Reading
- Welcome Two New Community Members (7/13/2020) - Congratulations to the Gan Levy family as they welcomed twin boys to their family on Tuesday, July 7. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- “Bubbies and Sistas Know Best” Premieres July 27 (7/23/2020) - JLTV is proud to announce the premiere and release of "Bubbies and Sistas Know Best," where our three Jewish grandmothers engage in a heartfelt and often hard conversation with three African-American Jewish women. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – July 24 – July 31 (7/23/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Torah Talks with Morah Yehudis and More at Bonai, 7/24 -7/30 (7/23/2020) - This week at Bonai Shalom, we have guest teachers, collaborations, and dates to save on the calendar. Continue Reading
- What Do You Get When You Cross a Rapper With a Rabbi? (7/22/2020) - You are encouraged to join the party as the Boulder Center for Judaism and Springfield Chabad present a joint multi-media Zoom presentation, From Rapper to Rabbi: A Journey Back Home on Thursday, July 23 at 6:00 pm. Continue Reading
- Eco-Kashrut: Food, Jews, Justice (7/21/2020) - Many people think of kosher food as being more “moral” or “clean” than non-kosher food. However, recent exposés have shown that this is not always the case. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: