Shabbat shalom! Lots going on in the next week or so. Tonight, at Congregation Bonai Shalom, monthly Musical Kabbalat Shabbat services return. This Sunday morning, February 2nd, there is the first of four upcoming information meetings about the Boulder community trip to Israel coming in May, 2020.
Tuesday is a Lunch and Learn at the Boulder JCC about Jewish Genealogy (not the same as Jewish Geography, but close).
Next Wednesday morning is the next Shalom Boulder, welcoming newish and Jewish to our community, and that evening, Boulder County Center for Judaism hosts a Farbrengen for Yud Shevat.
And Thursday night, CU Boulder’s Program in Jewish Studies hosts the 2020 Bender Visiting Scholar speaking on “Toward a History of Jewish – Native American Relations.”
Stay warm, and have a great weekend and a busy week. Enjoy!
- Bonai Shalom is Looking for Its Next Executive Director! (1/29/2020) - If you think you might be our next leader, please do not hesitate to apply or send an inquiry! If you think you know our next leader, please share this post with them! Continue Reading
- Special Farbrengen Dinner This Wednesday Night! (1/30/2020) - Boulder Center for Judaism would like to invite you to a special dinner in honor of the Chassidic holiday, Yud Shevat. Continue Reading
- Make 2020 Your Year to Travel to Israel (1/30/2020) - There is still space available on the community Israel trip and registration remains open until March. Information sessions are coming! Continue Reading
- Wisdom From the Water (1/30/2020) - The notion that changing gears after a mistake could be a positive, even beautiful thing seemed like a revelation to me. Continue Reading
- Musical Kabbalat Shabbat is BACK at Bonai This Friday! (1/29/2020) - Our musical Kabbalat Shabbat Service is back!! Our musicians have been rehearsing, and the menu is set (it's hearty soup, salad, and challah)! Continue Reading
- #TreesAreTrending This Tu BiShvat (1/29/2020) - Trees will trend this Tu BiShvat as Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF-USA) drives awareness about the New Year for trees while highlighting its afforestation efforts in Israel. Continue Reading
- Develop Your Interest in Jewish Genealogy (1/30/2020) - Ellen Kowitt will be speaking at the Boulder JCC Lunch and Learn on Tuesday, February 4 on “What's Jewish About Jewish Genealogy.” Continue Reading
- Shalom Boulder – Get Connected to the Jewish Community (1/29/2020) - Meet your neighbors on February 5th and learn more about Jewish life in Boulder at a fun winter gathering! Continue Reading
- Jerusalem Archaeologist David Ilan Giving Three Talks at Boulder JCC (1/27/2020) - The Boulder JCC is proud to present three talks this spring by Jerusalem-based archaeologist David Ilan. Continue Reading
- Invite: Faith Communities Creating Housing Justice (1/26/2020) - The Boulder County Interfaith Leaders Caucus & the Boulder County Organizing Group of Together Colorado would like to invite you to our January action on housing justice on January 29th. Continue Reading
- 2020 Fountain Symposium: Jewish Identity in the Hellenistic World (1/26/2020) - This year, the Fountain symposium speakers are engaging with the culture of Judaism and its interactions with the Greek world in the two centuries between Alexander and the coming of Rome. Continue Reading
- This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 1/27 (1/26/2020) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Everything You Need to Know About Attending the Boulder Jewish Film Festival… (1/30/2020) - Tickets go on sale Monday morning for the 8th annual Boulder Jewish Film Festival. Continue Reading
- Author Mary Morris to Speak at Boulder JCC on January 29 (1/27/2020) - In her work of historical fiction, Morris tells the story of the migration of Jews escaping the Spanish Inquisition and their journey to the New World. Continue Reading